TRice Pro - 161.5 or 157 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
EWJ

Default TRice Pro - 161.5 or 157

Hey guys, just wondering about peoples opinions on which length would be suited better for me:
Height: 188cm (6'2)
Weight: 75-80kgs
Boot size: 10.5-11

ride mostly groomers and park with the occasional powder session outside of New Zealand and Australia :P
Cheers
EWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The 157 based on ya info!!!!!
Mizu Kuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

157 will be fine
francium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definitely 157
Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
EWJ

Rad thanks heaps
EWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm 6' and 195lb and had same tough decision when I found the 2013 on clearance sale last summer. I Went with the 157. it was a good decision. The board is faster than any board I've ever been on, and stays above the powder better than 162 and 159 hybrid Camber boards I own.

The one thing I noticed is that the t rice does not like to have its speed checked. it can do long carves just fine, but as soon as I try to dig an edge in to reduce speed, it wants to pop off its edge. It is stable at blazing speed, becomes unstable real quick when you try to slow down from that speed. I think this is just the nature of the board, and I think the extra length in a 161.5 would make you faster but wonder if the extra length would make it easier to check the insane speed. I'd be interested in what others have to say about that.

I love my 157. It has pushed me to become a better, faster rider. Whichever size you get,just be ready to develop a new style of boarding... speed, and if you are not comfortable with that, start looking around for another board.
Pkinsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

It is definitely a board that likes to be ridden quickly, the other thing I found is it's quite hard work when the slopes get rough the board doesn't absorb the bumps it goes straight over them so your legs get a proper workout. Fantastic for hammering it on fresh groomers though.
francium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

[QUOTE=Pkinsp;1703305]

The one thing I noticed is that the t rice does not like to have its speed checked. it can do long carves just fine, but as soon as I try to dig an edge in to reduce speed, it wants to pop off its edge. It is stable at blazing speed, becomes unstable real quick when you try to slow down from that speed. I think this is just the nature of the board, and I think the extra length in a 161.5 would make you faster but wonder if the extra length would make it easier to check the insane speed. I'd be interested in what others have to say about that.

Bought 164 Darker Series board which is also a fast board, the bigger size IMO does not help with checking the speed. At times the Darker Series board just overwhelms me. Never happened with my 159 HotKnife, 159 RipSaw, or the 159 HighLife all of which are really fast boards. I might have bought a little to much board for my ability.
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Had a T Rice 161.5 a couple years back!!!!!

I think it's just the nature of C2 that can be unpredictable at times?????

Never felt as in control as I do with regular camber!!!!!
Mizu Kuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

got to agree with a lot of people here. the t.rice is a "ride or be ridden" type of board. love mine more than anything and is still my go to board after 3 seasons and a few new boards. handles everything you throw at it. for reference im about 6'2", 180 and opted for 161.5 for all mountain/pow freestyle riding. coming off a fully cambered 168, this was extremely playful yet surprisingly aggressive. thinking i might go with the 164 next time but only so i can use it primarily for the deeper days
Steezus Christ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
length, park, shred, snow, snowboard