looking to upgrade off my first board ... burton flight attendant? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default looking to upgrade off my first board ... burton flight attendant?

Only have come across 2 quick hands on reviews of it. Sounds like the perfect board for me here in CO. I was also looking at the jones mountain twin, but the FA sounds like a sick ride too.

Riding is 40% pow 30% groomers 30% trees. No park or jumps at this point. but next season who knows what i'll be into...

coming from riding my first board- a straight camber deck... s-rocker and even rcr sounds like a great profile, best of both worlds... better through the colorado pow and no more easily caught edges. the directional/twin tech from burton sounds like it'll be no issue to ride switch better this season.

Thoughts on this board? Any others I should definitely look into? I like capita doa specs. But i think it'd be too specific of a board vs others.

Last edited by Jason913; 04-30-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Jason913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ride Slack Country. It does great in the powder (you float like a dream) and it still holds an edge in the packed trails. Make sure you check the weight chart that accompanies the board selection (usually on what ever website you looking at) and don't forget to add as much weight as all of your snowboarding gear is (boots, bindings, board, snow jacket, snow pants, body armor, helmet) + your self.

Honestly, in all of my experience I would say stay away from Burton equipment. It's over priced for what it is, and they are the only ones to use that stupid 3 hole pattern so anyone making bindings to go on their board has to pay them a royalty. How is 3 screws holding your foot to the board better than 4? It's not. It's a money thing.

If your looking for a board that you can go crazy fast on groomers and it will always hold an edge look at Arbor. Their stuff handles like a dream and you actually get what your pay for. Don't get ripped off by Burton when other companies are offering much better for cheaper.
VincentOlenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't Burton now use that channel system rather than the three holes?

Anyway...

Try some hybrid rockers like the Ride Highlife UL and Never Summer Cobra. Great in pow and on groomers.

Never Summer is CO too, so support your locals
Manicmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Plenty of ways to go. If I were you I would probably pick up a twin board with a more aggressive flex. Boards to keep in mind would be Jones Mountain Twin, Yes Aysm, Never Summer Cobra, Maybe if you're feeling bold you go with a Burton Custom X.

My experience with the quality of Burton products is only with one product, The Cartels and they are pretty bulletproof. Can't speak for the rest of their hardgoods.
Bamfboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

from what i've read and how i feel about my camber board... i dont want rocker under my feet. not sure if NS has any boards like that. the ride board is rocker underfoot too
Old 04-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason913 View Post
from what i've read and how i feel about my camber board... i dont want rocker under my feet. not sure if NS has any boards like that. the ride board is rocker underfoot too
All over Never summer boards are Camber Rocker Camber. It is a good shape for powder riding.
Rocker camber Rocker boards don't completely eliminate edge catch unless you are riding a board that has super rockered out tip and tail which will chatter like a bitch.
I'm for next season going to pick up a Jones Aviator 156 and a Flight Attendant 159. My aviator will be more of a hard pack and softer day board. The Flight Attendant is not S rocker. It's more just rocker in the tip.
The thing about board preference is at the end of the day YOU are spending the money, not us so YOU need to choose.
There is no board that is a true All Mountain board. You cannot have the best of all worlds. If you're going to ride a lot of pow and some groomer you probably should just pick up a hovercraft. If you want a board that can ride all conditions I don't know if a FA is the best choice. In my opinion this years Jones Mountain twin is the best all around board. 20mm set back so it floats well, it carves really well and you can still take in the park if you want.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

agreed to some extent. the mountain twin is on my short list still for sure. I've heard lots of good things about it

FA definitely is s rocker though

Old 04-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've talked to people who have ridden it. It's rocker but it doesn't come to insert.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

better pic. definitely sounds appropriate. maybe i'll wait for a burton demo day in the fall

Old 04-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason913 View Post
better pic. definitely sounds appropriate. maybe i'll wait for a burton demo day in the fall

I'm just curious, what type of riding do you do? Do you freeride on pow days? Are you sending huge cliffs? Do you rail out turns? Are you speed freak?