Need recommendation for snowboard bag - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need recommendation for snowboard bag

Hi guys,
I'm looking to buy a bag for my gear. I need to get something that will be appropriate for flying, but I'm not really sure what to look for since I've never had a bag before.
Any recommendations or features to look for?

Also, I'm thinking I might buy a lock too. I've never had one of those before either and i'm not really sure how they work. Any help in that department would be great too. thanks.
Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mpagano9

If you plan on traveling at least once a season, I would recommend getting a bag with some padding. The more protected the bag, the more expensive you can expect it to be. I take a middle road and find a reasonable padded bag then use my jacket and pants and some sweats to supplement the protection in the bag.

Check out Snowboard Bags from Dogfunk.com

I'm not endorsing the site, but it was just a quick search to pull up some common bags. Read the reviews, you'll notice that almost everyone will comment on the level of protection offered by the bag. Be sure that you consider their uses versus your own uses for the board. You may not require the same features as another consumer.

I recently grabbed a Burton Board Sack from Dogfunk.com on brociety.com because I needed a longer bag and my old one didn't have very good protection, had holes worn through the material, and was of poor quality.

This new bag is very spacious, I actually keep both my boards in there (one sans bindings). And I appreciate the smaller pockets to help isolate tools and softgoods like mits/hats/goggles. Read through some of the bags and their features to gain a sense of what is offered and which you would prefer.

Once you pick a bag, I would google the name and click the "shopping" link to find the cheapest price on the web for that product.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

2 burton wheelie bags left on brociety.com for $40
Old 02-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks, I was actually just checking out the selection on dogfunk. Although, I noticed at least 2 of the bags have the exact same review from the same guy, so I'm calling shenanigans on that.
Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Things to look for:
- fully padded
- a little longer than your actual board to pack more gear
- WHEELS
- lockable zippers
- padded shoulder strap
- loud color or design so you can easily identify your bag

Comparing the two bags i tried, the daking low roller and burton wheelie gig, the dakine had separate boot compartments which are nice for organization sake, but it'd be two extra zippers i'd have to worry about for travel (eg, them coming unzipped for whatever reason). Also, the Burton wheels are nice and smooth while the dakine low roller had plastic wheels that were loud.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the burton gig bag seemed to be the nicest to me..

does a 176 seem wayyy too big for a 152 and 154? i was looking for like a 165
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Headys

^YES! i have a 176 for my 162 and its waaayyyyy too big. i wish i would have gone smaller.

best advice is to check out the bags at your local shop first before pulling the trigger and buying one. theyre a good thing to see/feel before dropping $100
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mpagano9

Google the exact item name. When links show up, there will be a "web" and "shopping" tab just udner the search bar. Click shopping and you will find a good deal on the bag somewhere. Or just watch brociety over the next couple weeks. I see at least 3 different types of bags each day up there for as much as 85% off. It's like stealing...but you pay...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
(OSU)cowboy16

i have this oakley bag and its brand new and seems to work really well....

Select Your Language - Oakley.com