New Product Development - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
chell_12

Default New Product Development

Hi guys,

Im a Sports Equipment Designer and am currently undergoing a project regarding winter sports. I am at the stage of researching possibilties for improvement in all areas of both snowboarding and skiing and would like to gather as much primary research and opinions as i can from the people most experinced, being yourselves.

If you have any ideas of things that may need improvement within your sport it would be great if you could let me know as there may be scope for design.

Anything is welcome, from problems getting ready, with the equipment itself, apparel, accessories, even things that may seem silly or a bit extreme because sometimes those ideas are the best.

Thanks for your time and help, hope to here from you soon,

Mike

Last edited by chell_12; 02-27-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
13rian

well lowering the price to about 10 bucks would be nice
Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
chell_12

the pice of what? the whole sport or something in particular?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mpagano9

He probably means lift tickets. How about taking out the lift portion of the sport? Can we just ride down hill until we want to go home? Is there a treadmill shaped like a mountain?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh...i know..make cheap lift seat pads that warm your ass like car seats..oh that'd be so awesome..granted i have no idea how you'd power said ass warmers..but thats your problem not mine!
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

A wax scraper that stays sharp but isn't metal or doesn't damage your base. The typical acrylic plexiglass scraper lasts for maybe 4 boards before it gets so dull that scraping becomes a real chore. Anyone who has used an old scraper then picked up a brand new sharp one knows what I'm talking about. A sharp scraper REALLY makes the wax job faster and easier. There are scraper sharpeners on the market, but any good ones cost as much as 8 scrapers.

And a wax that doesn't turn into a complete flakey mess when you scrape it. I've got NO idea how to get around that, if there was a way, someone would have probably come up with it by now. You can't really scrape effectively outdoors in the winter, the wax gets so hard it just comes off in chunks. But doing it indoors means laying out newspapers/sheets, and alternating between scraping and vacuuming every 3 minutes so your wife or mother doesn't kill you.

Coating treatment for the board that keeps snow from sticking to it on those really shitty days. Can't tell you how many times I get my board back to the car and I'm carrying more snow than board. I have to sit there forever using my snow brush, and some days that even doesn' do a very good job. This doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe a quick spray solution for the topsheet.

That's my 2 cents.

Last edited by MunkySpunk; 02-27-2009 at 03:27 PM.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

interesting post... not sure if there's any opportunity for you but I have a new snowboarding accessory that I have been working on. If you want to check it out, go to Phrakis - A snowboard boot support or check out my other posts. I'd also be happy to talk offline, just send me a private message.
phrakis is offline   Reply With Quote