which bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
newkid

Default which bindings

I started snowboarding a couple years ago and finally got a board last year. I got a cheap set up from my local shop (if you can call it that- i live in kansas and we don't really have any), but the bindings really hurt my feet, so I am going to get some new ones. I really like the capstraps and am thinking of burton. I was wondering which bindings i should get for mostly freeriding. I may do some park this year, but not much.
Here are my options:
07 burton p1's- I've heard they are very comfortable and good all mnt.
07 burton CO2's- haven't found as much info on them, but they have a better response rating.
08 burton customs- cheap
08 or 07 missions- cheap again...
what would you guys suggest? I'm wanting bindings that will last me quite a while, that's why I'm thinking the higher burtons. And I'm not like a complete newb, I'm actually pretty good.

Last edited by newkid; 10-21-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

It might not be the bindings that are hurting your feet, it could be the boots...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
newkid

well, i had to tighten the bindings so much that they hurt, and a capstrap would solve that for me, but you can't just buy a capstrap and put it on. I have some decent boots also, they're zuma's.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Tighten them so much that they hurt? If you have to tighten them that much you're doing something wrong.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid
well, i had to tighten the bindings so much that they hurt, and a capstrap would solve that for me, but you can't just buy a capstrap and put it on. I have some decent boots also, they're zuma's.
If you have to tighten your straps so much your foot hurts, then the the boots don't fit. You should be able to ride your bindings not tight, and not feel pain.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
newkid

i really don't know then. after a few hours my feet started to hurt where the front strap gets tightened. I wonder if i do need new boots then? I do want new bindings because the first time i used these, one of the straps fell off. I lost the bolt on the strap and had to replace it, but i am still having to tighten the replacement every few hours.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Both feet or one foot?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
newkid

i don't have any heel lift, and its just the front foot. I know I'm getting new bindings and that should be farely soon, so i was going to check the boots in the new bindings when i get them and maybe i'll have to get some new boots also. It's kinda hard for me to get boots though, cause I'm a size 14. I tried 13's, but they were too small.
anyway, just for now, which bindings would you suggest, then maybe after i get them, i'll be asking about boots.

Last edited by newkid; 10-22-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
xenster

have you considered flow bindings? they hold you onto your board really well and you can find them fairly cheap if you shop around online.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
newkid

i won't go with flow bindings, i really want some step in bindings. I think i've figured out that i'll either get some 07 p1's cause they are supposed to be the most comfortable.

Last edited by newkid; 10-24-2007 at 01:03 AM.