size for never summer evo - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default size for never summer evo

hey guys i found a good deal on the never summer evo. its only in 151 though.. do you guys think i can size down? i weigh 150-155 lbs and i wear 9.5 salomon f20's. Thankss
estoril is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

size down???? you can go smaller if you want...the evo is a park board that is semi comfy out of the houes, but ideally it stays in the park. i would get a 148 or closest too if you rode park mainly if your 50/50 then the 151 would be good. i would not get the evo unless you rode at least 50% park.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

151 would be sizing down for your weight..it should be sufficient...i ride 151 all over at 135lbs..
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

haha so does that mean 151 will be fine? since one person says its too small and the other says its too big lol
Old 03-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
sinmagnion

Last season I was a total beginner. Went twice, bought a 151 Evo. People would tell me that board would school me, they say it's not a beginner board (sintered base --> absorb more wax + frequent waxing --> more speed) and the length is too long for a park board for someone my size (5'6", 126 lbs without gear). Granted it took four days for me to become proficient with both of its edges (toe edge stumbled me until I started to bend my knees, digging the edge in), I was able to to to carve, nonetheless. I started taking it down black diamonds and learned to charge down after a day of tripping. After that, I learned to ollie. Exciting times for a noob. I probably would wanna keep it away from deep pow and moguls though...

It may not be the best board for all-mountain, but I can't complain. You learn to master all of the challenges inherent in a board, no matter what they may be. So it's not the board, it's the rider. Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Ride to have fun is all that matters. Everything else will fall into place
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinmagnion View Post
Last season I was a total beginner. Went twice, bought a 151 Evo. People would tell me that board would school me, they say it's not a beginner board (sintered base --> absorb more wax + frequent waxing --> more speed) and the length is too long for a park board for someone my size (5'6", 126 lbs without gear). Granted it took four days for me to become proficient with both of its edges (toe edge stumbled me until I started to bend my knees, digging the edge in), I was able to to to carve, nonetheless. I started taking it down black diamonds and learned to charge down after a day of tripping. After that, I learned to ollie. Exciting times for a noob. I probably would wanna keep it away from deep pow and moguls though...

It may not be the best board for all-mountain, but I can't complain. You learn to master all of the challenges inherent in a board, no matter what they may be. So it's not the board, it's the rider. Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Ride to have fun is all that matters. Everything else will fall into place
evo r would not be a bad board at all for learning, very forgiving flex is the key. it is probably more then you need but that really doesnt matter.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks for the replies, but I am not really a beginner haha. I'm a pretty advanced freeriding and I'm starting to get the hang of park recently. I think I'm just going to go ahead and get the 151, everyone seems to think it will be a good length