Buying a board/bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
BiGfYz

Default Buying a board/bindings

Hi all!

I'm looking into buying a decent board/bindings for mostly terrain park riding. After seeing a thread on how sierrasnowboard.com has a 50% off sale, i decided to check it out. First of all, is this site legit? Are their products good quality and whatnot? Second of all, would a burton mayhem 2009 board(Burton Snowboard Burton Mayhem Snowboard) and a burton mission 2007 bindings (Burton Snowboard Bindings Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings) do the job? If not, could anyone recommend me some stuff? Prices under 350$ for both combined would greatly be appreciated! thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Defy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGfYz View Post
Hi all!

I'm looking into buying a decent board/bindings for mostly terrain park riding. After seeing a thread on how sierrasnowboard.com has a 50% off sale, i decided to check it out. First of all, is this site legit? Are their products good quality and whatnot? Second of all, would a burton mayhem 2009 board(Burton Snowboard Burton Mayhem Snowboard) and a burton mission 2007 bindings (Burton Snowboard Bindings Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings) do the job? If not, could anyone recommend me some stuff? Prices under 350$ for both combined would greatly be appreciated! thanks a bunch
Don't know about the mayhem, but yes, Sierrasnowboard.com is reputable and for the most part, reliable.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

not a bad setup at all, but it could be better. i would definetly choose these bindings over the missions
Union Snowboard Bindings Union Contact Snowboard Bindings
the board is a really nice board for the price, its one of the better values in burtons lineup. but once again there are better values on the site. im not sure if you want a freestyle, all mt freestyle, or a free ride deck but i would check out the capita stair/scaremaster, the indoor survival, the black death inc. the burton love and farm are on there and i hear they are both sick. and then there are a few rome decks on there as well...
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Defy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
not a bad setup at all, but it could be better. i would definetly choose these bindings over the missions
Union Snowboard Bindings Union Contact Snowboard Bindings
the board is a really nice board for the price, its one of the better values in burtons lineup. but once again there are better values on the site. im not sure if you want a freestyle, all mt freestyle, or a free ride deck but i would check out the capita stair/scaremaster, the indoor survival, the black death inc. the burton love and farm are on there and i hear they are both sick. and then there are a few rome decks on there as well...
good advice.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
BiGfYz

Thanks guys! I will definitely check out the bindings and those boards
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
13rian

iv orderd 3 boards and 2 sets of bindings from sierra, everything was in prefect comdistion and everything was included. i live in europe and i got the whole set afther less then 48 hours.. only thing is that i think sumting fishy is up with the agent i orderd cause mine is softer then the artifact, which is a noodle...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
BiGfYz

also, does the board come fully waxed? or do i have to do that myself
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
desklamp

Boards come with a factory wax, but it's pretty much useless. You definitely want to wax your board or have a shop/friend do it for you. It's a lot cheaper to wax it yourself long term.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
BiGfYz

any recommendations on what to use/buy?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

for mostly park grab this and those union bindings Rome Snowboard Rome Artifact Snowboard
paul07ss is offline   Reply With Quote