Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   New all mountain board for Australia (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/140945-new-all-mountain-board-australia.html)

camoes 06-05-2014 11:34 PM

New all mountain board for Australia

Hey guys,

I am an intermediate rider. Usually ride about 5 days each year for the last 10 years in Australia, currently ride a stiff old heavy LTD 154 i bought back in '06.

I'm after a new all-mountain board. I love doing everything including jumps, park and regular runs which get pretty icy in Australia.

I've read alot about Burton Custom, Jones Mountain twin and a few of the Never summer, Gnu and Lib-tech boards but have no idea what to get. I don't know whether to go Camber/rocker, both or banana either.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm 168cm and 63kgs.

Cheers

Manicmouse 06-05-2014 11:50 PM

Hey there

If you don't get much fresh pow I'd skip the hybrid camber and reverse camber boards.

ETM 06-06-2014 01:37 AM

Im with him^^
If you go with a lib get the c3 profilr

francium 06-06-2014 03:11 AM

Jones mountain twin is a cracking board the only reason I didn't buy one is I'm running out of places to hide them from the wife.

Tatanka Head 06-06-2014 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francium (Post 1727225)
Jones mountain twin is a cracking board the only reason I didn't buy one is I'm running out of places to hide them from the wife.

I really enjoy my mountain twin. You can beat yourself to death thinking about all the different boards you can buy, but from what you described the mountain twin will give you everything you need, and a lot of it.

And Francium, I don't know if you are joking or not...but I hear you on the hiding boards from the wife. My stash spot in the basement was recently discovered. To be fair, I had reasons: two for collecting, one for thrashing on a friend's backyard set-up and two for the hill. I had some explaining to do. She still doesn't get it, hahah.

francium 06-06-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatanka Head (Post 1727226)
I really enjoy my mountain twin. You can beat yourself to death thinking about all the different boards you can buy, but from what you described the mountain twin will give you everything you need, and a lot of it.

And Francium, I don't know if you are joking or not...but I hear you on the hiding boards from the wife. My stash spot in the basement was recently discovered. To be fair, I had reasons: two for collecting, one for thrashing on a friend's backyard set-up and two for the hill. I had some explaining to do. She still doesn't get it, hahah.

Haha nope wasn't lying. Mine are hidden in my wheelie locker she never goes through the boarding gear luckily.

JVee 06-06-2014 07:20 AM

Check out Marhar Archaic and Throwdown, Great people to do deal with and solidly constructed boards that would work beautifully in Aus conditions