StepChild Latchkey vs Nitro Subzero - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
StepChild Latchkey vs Nitro Subzero

Ok, so first off, hi, I'm new here. I've lurked for forever and finally had something I felt like I needed to post.

I have a question for you guys. I'm getting a new board this summer and I thought I had my heart set on getting the Nitro Subzero, but recently I've been scared off of it in favor of other boards, specifically the StepChild Latchkey.

If I went with the Latchkey, should I get the rocker or camber version? I'm leaning heavily to the rocker.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150ish
Boot Size: Like 9-10
Riding Style: My passion is riding park (Rails and boxes). My resort doesn't a ton of snow, so the jump action is limited, but I like to be able to ride around and hit random stuff and jumps that me and my buddies make. Kindof all-mountain with a heavy park focus.

Every board I have ever owned has honestly been worthless. I rode a prototype Able board from the 90s for a while until just recently switching to some sort of Rossignol budlight board that my friend gave me after I blew out my inserts, I'm looking to get something nice finally, any ideas?

Last edited by CBKayTV; 06-08-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Well just an FYI on the Subzero, one of the loosest boards on the market. It's super soft and then the rocker.

I don't know much about the Latchkey. I want to like Stepchilds, but I just haven't ridden any to know.

If you're into other options take a look at the Flow Verve, Slash Happy Place, Yes Public, or Salomon Salomonder.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

don't go for the Subzero without trying it out first. you may or may not like their "hotwing" camber.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone heard of Braedon Wheeler? He rides the latchkey and he looks like he knows whats up, which doesnt mean anything, but its still a sweet edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27QHAbOW9Y

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode