Alright, Rome Agent...bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moskau

Default Alright, Rome Agent...bindings?

So I did some extensive research of reviews and all that crap and I have decided to get a 152 Rome Agent. This desicion is because over the last 3 days of boarding I fell and at one point I noticed that my nose buckled, now I'm riding a 05 Burton Air and it's a great board but I have noticed some bad qualities. Like I was cruisin down a groomed run and my board was flexing and to tell you the truth I didn't feel like falling at the speed I was going so I had to step on the brakes. Now this may seem minor but when my board flexes like that I feel like I need a better stiffer board.

So I went around sites and found what I think would be the perfect board for me. I found a 152 Rome agent for $240 which is a steal. But before I put in my credit card info and shipping address I have a few things to ask. First how much flex does it really have? Will I be able to transition from the park to the mountain easily like all the reviews say and be able to ride in confidence at high speeds?

Now another thing is about my bindings. I have some 07 Burton Freestyles and they are alright but pretty uncomfortable. I was thinking either some Burton Missions, Cartel or get some 390s. Any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Snow-4-Ever

For the board I've heard that it is an all-mountain board based towards freestyle. I'm pretty sure it will be stiff enough but not really stiff. For 240$ how could you go wrong, the board has to be worth 400$ or 500$.

For bindings I would defiantly recommended the Rome 390's. They have a jell heel strap which is the most comfortable thing I have used. They also have a forgiving flex to them, not to soft but not real stiff.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you can find some 390s then go for them. I'd also suggest the cartels, Mine are real comfy.

2009 Forum Youngblood 155cm (Park)
2009 Burton Cartel Bindings
$ickZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
(OSU)cowboy16

id go with the 390s, just because they are amazing
Old 03-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Defy

i have 390s for my agent q
Old 03-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You might also want to consider the Union Forces. These are maybe slightly stiffer than the 390's but waaaaayyyy easier to find and has a good following.

Sierra has them for 50% off right now.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Defy

Yeah I lucked out and got my 390s from REI for cheap. Last set that had in stock
Old 03-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
13rian

iv got a 156 agent, i find it 2 soft for allmountain riding, ok for cruizing but it cant handle it wen i really put the hamer down..

the 390 are great park bindings, id go for the targas if you want to go allmoutain..