New boots: Buy now or stick it out till 09/10 models? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New boots: Buy now or stick it out till 09/10 models?

I have a question, and it's more a matter of opinion than anything - new boots, should I be looking for sales around now, or wait until the off-season? My current boots aren't a very good fit, I have size 11 feet, but bought these boots when I was somewhat of a n00b and grabbed size 12's because I listened to bad advice. My feet often hurt after riding, mainly in the ankles because they move around so much. I am looking at 32 Lashed... have heard amazing things, and considering how much I ride (70+ days this season), do you think investing in new boots will make a big difference? They are on sale right now for $180ish CAD... pretty good price?
SB4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Buy now. There will be no considerable differences if they fit your feet except that extra 200 bucks missing out of your wallet.
DO *NOT* buy the boots without trying them on. Goto a local sports store that sells boots, and try on as many boots as you can and find the most comfortable.
You cant get much out of boot reviews other than durability of construction and its lacing system, what feels great to 1 guy will feel like shit to a guy with different feet.
If you cant try on ThirtyTwo lashed, dont buy them. If your stuck only being able to try on Burtons, but can find a pair that fits great, buy those online.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB4L View Post
I have a question, and it's more a matter of opinion than anything - new boots, should I be looking for sales around now, or wait until the off-season? My current boots aren't a very good fit, I have size 11 feet, but bought these boots when I was somewhat of a n00b and grabbed size 12's because I listened to bad advice. My feet often hurt after riding, mainly in the ankles because they move around so much. I am looking at 32 Lashed... have heard amazing things, and considering how much I ride (70+ days this season), do you think investing in new boots will make a big difference? They are on sale right now for $180ish CAD... pretty good price?
llasheds are soft boots that break down quick, you really should be looking elsewhere away from 32 more specifically if you ride that much. 32s imo are made for out of the box comfort and extreme lightness when they should be worrying about 30+ day riders and other people who actually use them.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Defy

I just picked up some Wide Dialogues, and they felt 10x better than 32s. And I was just about to buy the 32's.

Definitely keep trying on boots until you find the one that just works for you.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Boots aren't something I would cheap out on. If I had to spend my money on anything, it would be the boots.

Having said that, it's best to buy now rather than waiting. As everyone has already stated, go to your local store, try on as many boots as possible to find the one that fits the best.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Music Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

another vote for buying them now. This is the best time of the year to stock up on boarding equipment
mijinkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks for the input guys. I guess it really does come down to personal fit, and durability is obviously a big factor to me, so I will definitely head to the shop and try on a bunch of different ones... I guess I've been sort of falling into the 32 hype this season, apparently the lashed is the #1 seller at most shops here (and come on, how sick is their riding crew?!?).

I like the look of those vans boots - they look hella-solid. How much do Vans typically run at? I guess looking for just a bargain isn't the way to go, but keep in mind I am a shred bum so $$$ is at a mininum. Any suggestions on great bang for your buck boots? I think you're all right on striking on a deal now, 30% off at Rude Boys on most boots currently so that's not bad at all.

I am definitely trying lots of pairs on because I learned my lessons with these boots on how NOT to buy boots
SB4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Defy

If you are really super stuck on cash, you could always go to the store with only 20-30% off, find a great pair that fit well. Then order them online at a 50-60% off store.

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

K2 = wait until next year for BOA Conda

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote