Advice on new snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice on new snowboard

I've been riding for ~8 years and have been looking to get a new board for the past couple years but haven't found the time to actually research a new board.

I've been on the 2008 5150 empress board and am looking for something of higher quality with more speed and better edge hold that will last me a decent amount of time. I tend to stay away from the park and spend my time carving. I classify myself as an advanced intermediate, riding blues and blacks on the east coast. My old board is 144cm but I'm looking to move to ~147. I'm 5'4 ~120lbs and I know that's on the higher end of my size scale but as I said I'm looking to get more speed. If I get a more aggressive board, I may stay somewhere around 144, but again, I'm open to suggestions.

I have four boards in mind so I'd like some feedback on those but I'm also open to new suggestions within the same price range.
2013 or 2014 Ride Baretta
2013 or 2014 Salomon Idol
2013 or 2014 K2 Eco Lite
2013 or 2014 Rossignol Frenemy

Thanks for any help you send my way!
hungyhippo151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

May want to check out the Gnu B Pro C2 or 3 or even the Beauty if your looking for more speed, just my thoughts The mag would be helpful with east coast conditions and if you shop around now you should be able to find a good deal on last years boards.... Good Luck!
Northriver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

From your list I've only ridden the Idol and I liked it, pretty stable. Would serve your purpose.
Don't know the Ride Baretta, but the '13 Farah which would fit as well http://www.snowboardingforum.com/wom...-153-13-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungyhippo151 View Post
My old board is 144cm but I'm looking to move to ~147. I'm 5'4 ~120lbs and I know that's on the higher end of my size scale but as I said I'm looking to get more speed. If I get a more aggressive board, I may stay somewhere around 144, but again, I'm open to suggestions.
What makes you think that? A 144 is pretty small for what you aim to ride (carving n speed).
If you look at the weight ranges of e.g. the Baretta, you'd fit in a 151 or even 154 tho I wouldn't recommend to go from a 144 directly on a 154, could be bit of a big step, but... the bigger you go, the more edge you have to work with for carving and more stable at speed.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is online now   Reply With Quote