New Board setup - help me spend my stimulus $$$ - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
chuckorama

Default New Board setup - help me spend my stimulus $$$

Okay, so after lurking for a while and doing some research I have a few board set ups I am thinking about. Be great to get some feedback before I push the button though.

First me:
Hadn't ridden in few years but went last year down to Thredbo (Oz) for a couple of weekends and got hooked back in. Am currently scheduled this season for a week in NZ and then a few additional weekends in Thredbo. Ideally would like a set up that could also handle a possible trip to Japan in Feb '10.
My experience level is basic but progressing, started to get the feeling back at the end of last season and hope to really advance with a solid week in Queenstown. Was riding the blues and occasional blacks no worries just at the end. Looking for an All Mountain set up at this point since so far all groomers, but maybe some back country, natural terrain in my future???
I am about 190lbs, 6 ft, and a size 12. I recently picked up a pair of DC Phase 12's that fit great. Will be ordering from Australia so since the dollar here has tanked only have about US$350-$400 to spend including postage, the size 12's seem to indicate that I will need a wide, and my weight makes me think should be looking for something around a 163 (would a 159 or 160 be too small? a 165 too big?)

So my possible board set ups are:

Forum Raider 160W or 163W with Union Force Bindings L/XL - great deal at Sierra at the moment $380 inc postage
Burton Mayhem 159W or 165W with Cartels/ or
Nidecker Prime 163W with Legend Bindings not sure about this one the brand seems decent but haven't found a lot of info on the board.
Option Fortune 161W again with the Union Force bindings

Currently leaning towards the Raider but would consider the Option if the size was okay and wasn't too far above my skill level.

Also had a look at the Ride range, anything from Yukon to Fleetwood but not a lot left on sale.

so care to help me spend some government money...