Looking to upgrade from my Neversummer SL. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Looking to upgrade from my Neversummer SL.

I've had my NS SL (2011/2012) for two full seasons now. I love the way it feels super stable when catching speed, while still being able to get onto rails and kickers. However, this coming season I am planning to learn some small spins and more slides (all I can do is front lip and 50/50 right now). When demoing other boards I've noticed that they all feel significantly lighter than the SL.. even when I demo'd a Proto it felt very light in comparison. I'm under the impression that the SL is not greatly suited to moving around in the air due to its weight, and I'm looking for something else.

Here is a little about how I like to ride at resorts:

I really like to catch a lot of speed in the flats and dig in deep with carves, and I'll do this every opportunity I get. I also really like to catch air off of natural features... nothing too crazy, just ollies off of natural rollers/bumps and ollies around a mogul field... but I like to really go as big as I can with them and I hope to at least turn them into huge 180's this season. I also enjoy park a lot, though I have not yet progressed to large kickers or down-rails... I pretty much only do straight airs and stalefishes on small-medium kickers, and 50/50's, and front lipslides on boxes and mellow rails. But this season I plan to get more playful on a bigger variety of obstacles, as well as learn 180s/360s, more grabs, and more slides. All the while being able to lay in some deep, speedy carves without feeling too bumpy.

What board can you all recommend from personal experience? And why?
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 03:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!

why not a proto?
Old 07-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
why not a proto?
Haha I knew to expect this question. However, when I demo'ed the Proto it didnt seem like it was able to be as aggressive as I want to when picking up speed. Especially heelside, it really felt hard to maintain a long, hard edge grip when hauling. Maybe it was the stance/bindings/whatever though, since it was a demo after all (was setup different than I'm used to?) Can anybody comment on how their Proto performs at high speed?

Last edited by onthefence; 07-07-2014 at 05:52 AM.
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

How about a Cobra? It seems you really like how the SL rides so I'm thinking that would be the next best thing to keep that aggressive feel you're looking for.
bozekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Look into the Slash ATV. Great for all around riding, excellent board.
Maierapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
Haha I knew to expect this question. However, when I demo'ed the Proto it didnt seem like it was able to be as aggressive as I want to when picking up speed. Especially heelside, it really felt hard to maintain a long, hard edge grip when hauling. Maybe it was the stance/bindings/whatever though, since it was a demo after all (was setup different than I'm used to?) Can anybody comment on how their Proto performs at high speed?
The Proto has been pretty good to me at any speed I choose to ride it. That being said, if I want to go mach down groomers all day, the Proto is not my go to board. However, if I want to go play around, and maybe race some friends in the process, the Proto is just fine.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I rode my 154 blacklist and 156 throwback like that along with that look at the mod rocker and the new snow trooper. The trooper is the SL but with longer camber zones it was playful at 154 but bomber at 160 so I bet the 158 would be perfect. Stop worrying so much about the board and just practice and it will come.
readimag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Take a look into the Flow Blackout or Rush, Yes Asym, Burton Twin Custom Camber, K2 Happy Hour, Rossignol Jibsaw, Salomon Mans Board, or a Slash ATV.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

add rome agent rocker to that list
Steezus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote