Lib tech T. Rice pro size help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Default Lib tech T. Rice pro size help

Hi everyone. Heading to japan at the end of the year and looking at a new board. Will also be going to perisher in Australia in a couple of weeks as well. My info;
81kg (178 pounds)
174cm (5'7")
Size 9 (euro 42) vans aura boots

I'm really keen on the lib tech t. Rice pro. I would be keen on the hp but it is a bit out of my price range. I'm unsure as to whether I should go with the 153 or 155. I've heard these boards ride a little larger. Any advice would be appreciated. I like the magnetraction for riding in aus. In japan will mostly be riding the deeper stuff but I don't mind some on mountain freestyle stuff as well. Would describe myself as intermediate rider hoping to continue progress. Will most likely ride the board mainly in japan in the future as it is closer to me with a little bit of time in Australia as well. Thanks in advance!
Aussie_Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Manicmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 400
Default

While I haven't ridden a Lib tech, my board is a CRC like the Pro you're looking at. It's a good choice if you don't want a pow specific board.
Manicmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PalmerFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Default

We're almost identical in height weight and I have a 157 T.Rice and it's been great. I don't ride pipe/park at all so I went for the 157 (I like my boards a little longer/stable) but since the 153, 155, and 157 are all blunt nosed they do ride a little long. I think that a 155 would be fine but the 153 may be a bit unstable for your size if you like to bomb groomers. I don't ride much pow but the base profile should make it a decent option for that kind of riding.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 47
Default

I bought a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP right before the end of last season. It is a phenomenal board in my opinion. I live in Wisconsin and I DEFINITELY feel the Magnetraction when going down sheet ice headwalls. I used to use a camber board, but this has more flex in the middle for easier presses, ollies, and better float in pow. I'm 5'11 and I ride a 157, which suits me perfectly. I would recommend that you get a 155, because when people say it "rides longer" what they actually mean is that this board rides smoother and floats better because of the blunt nose, but it still has the quick turn advantage that you lose with a longer board. The bigger size is especially better if you are riding big mountains. One thing that I will point out is that since the T. Rice is made with a Bio top sheet, it chips/dents/peels easier so be ready to smack an ignorant skier upside the head if they scrape your deck. If you plan on boarding for a while, the extra money for the HP is worth it. I've compared the two in shop and the HP flexes more, but snaps back quicker for easier pop and turn linking. Plus, the HP deck is sparkly
Ravaging Rami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravaging Rami View Post
I bought a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP right before the end of last season. It is a phenomenal board in my opinion. I live in Wisconsin and I DEFINITELY feel the Magnetraction when going down sheet ice headwalls. I used to use a camber board, but this has more flex in the middle for easier presses, ollies, and better float in pow. I'm 5'11 and I ride a 157, which suits me perfectly. I would recommend that you get a 155, because when people say it "rides longer" what they actually mean is that this board rides smoother and floats better because of the blunt nose, but it still has the quick turn advantage that you lose with a longer board. The bigger size is especially better if you are riding big mountains. One thing that I will point out is that since the T. Rice is made with a Bio top sheet, it chips/dents/peels easier so be ready to smack an ignorant skier upside the head if they scrape your deck. If you plan on boarding for a while, the extra money for the HP is worth it. I've compared the two in shop and the HP flexes more, but snaps back quicker for easier pop and turn linking. Plus, the HP deck is sparkly
The guy asking weighs more than you, yet you recommend a shorter size than the one that "suits [you] perfectly"!?!?!?
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PalmerFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravaging Rami View Post
I live in Wisconsin and I DEFINITELY feel the Magnetraction when going down sheet ice headwalls.
I live in Wisconsin as well and while the Mag can be a bit catchy at times it definitely helps when things get icey.

Quote:
I would recommend that you get a 155, because when people say it "rides longer" what they actually mean is that this board rides smoother and floats better because of the blunt nose.....
What I meant is that since the nose is blunted the 155 is really more like a 157-158.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerFreak View Post
What I meant is that since the nose is blunted the 155 is really more like a 157-158.
Oh, I think that is probably true and I did not mean to criticize your post.
My comment was for Ravaging Rami who says that the 157 fits him perfectly, but recommends the 155 to a guy who weighs 25lbs more than him...
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Mizu Kuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 637
Default

Out of those two sizes I'd definitely go the 155, and seriously think about the 157!!!!! (Aussie conditions)

When I rode my TRice, I rode a 161.5 and I weigh in at ~ 88kg!!!!! (Aussie conditions)

Nothin worse than a board that sinks in Japanese Powder!!!!! Plus unless ya ridin the very steeps of Japan, ya gonna come across a lot of flat run outs where a longer board is gonna make life just that much sweeter!!!!!

On a side note, personally the TRice in the fresh stuff was the only place I liked it!!!!! I found the CRC to be somewhat squirrelly and unpredictable on hardpack if ya not on ya game!!!!!
Mizu Kuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Steezus Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 330
Default

id consider the 157. i ride a 161.5 as an all mountain board and im 90kg. it is not the most ideal in deep deep pow but everything else below 20cm it kills. in japan ur going to want to get as much float as possible.
Steezus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 1,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGboarder View Post
My comment was for Ravaging Rami who says that the 157 fits him perfectly, but recommends the 155 to a guy who weighs 25lbs more than him...
Strange but I'm failing to see the part where he said anything about his weight.

Go with the 157 you won't be disappointed. Your gonna want the float in the jpow.

Last edited by ridinbend; 07-10-2014 at 04:50 PM.
ridinbend is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums