What to go with my NOW IPO - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What to go with my NOW IPO

I just got a pair of new 14 NOW IPO's for $76. Got lucky on amazon I happened to see them and they were trying to get rid of the last few pairs of my size. Excited about that because I have really wanted to try some NOW since get released.

After realizing I don't like the feel of CRC profile with my SL I'm looking to replace it. I like and want a twin that's either flat or camber with rocker at the tips and more of a medium flex (little stiffer than my kink and propaganda). Was also wanting to not buy one of the major board brands. Right now I'm thinking I want the YES Basic 156. It's a good price and sounds to be about what I want and is definitely the front runner in this. I also looked some at the Academy Rhythm 155 tho I'm not sure where it's flex would be, my propaganda they say is a 6 compared to it being a 8.5 and the propaganda is a bit softer than my kink which ride has at I think a 5. Also was looking at the DC tone 156. The YeS with camber I would assume to be a little more aggressive than the Academy and DC that are flat in the middle.

Personal: I'm about 5'10" 190lbs. Mostly like playing around while riding pressing or whatnot and ride switch a lot. I still ride some park, tho it's getting to be less the older I get and I don't hit big features. Biggest jump I'll hit is only around a 30 footer and not often. Do a lot of the boxes and taps and stuff like that around the park. I want the board to be somewhat flexible and playful yet still be able to handle speed and some powder on the rare occasions I see fresh snow or when I go places that get more snow on trips.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO

Last edited by henry06x; 07-13-2014 at 01:54 AM.
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2014, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Salomon Assasin ftw
kosmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Salomon Assassin +1
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yes Basic sounds like it'd work well for you. Salomon Assassin is a good recommendation as well. Another I might throw out there is the Capita DOA if you want RCR or K2 Turbo Dream if you want flat with rocker.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Yes Basic is really soft. I sold mine because it was just too soft for me. But I watched a guy who rides my park absolutely destroy with it and a pair of IPOs. So it's always about how you click with a board. I ride a Libtech Darker C3 with Now Drives and love the setup.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
The Yes Basic is really soft. I sold mine because it was just too soft for me. But I watched a guy who rides my park absolutely destroy with it and a pair of IPOs. So it's always about how you click with a board. I ride a Libtech Darker C3 with Now Drives and love the setup.
My drives jumped between my sick stick and my proto. Next year I will have an assassin.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote