How's this for a starter build? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Liquidmantis

Like everyone else, all that's available from last year is S/M bindings. With a size 9 boot they might work, but I'm getting that Salomon Wide Synapse so I want the L binding. But on the phone boardersmall said they can beat their web prices. I'm going to pick up the '08 Targa in black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
stunterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenvii
I am by no means an expert, but was in the same situation as you. I am a great slalom ski'er, pretty good snow ski'er and thought hey this snowboarding thing cant be that hard. Well, it really isnt but I defintely went into that first day with too much over confidence. I not only didnt take a lesson, but also went with 2 people who have only snow ski'd(like me) their entire lives. Was a huge pain in the ass trying to figure out why i was on my ass every few seconds, but finally figured out how to ride the edge(granted my calves were killing me next day as i couldnt transition from toe to heel edge..), and was finally able to make it off the chair lift without falling on my ass. Spent a lot of time studying these little 8 year olds that were showing me up

I also say huge kudos for going for it, that first day around mid day i was ready to snap the fuc#@$# snowboard over my knee, but eventually came to tolerate and now enjoy it quite well I just wish I didnt have to go from being a pretty expert ski'er to a pretty intermediate snow boarder....oh well with time im sure I can get back up there.....have fun and good luck!

Fellow CO snowboarder!!!!
the synapse is my favorite boot this year for sure