Where to get cheap ptex??? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaysnowmo View Post
I just started on this forum and I already regret it. I came here for advice and now you won't stop bellyaching about some troll. SHUT UP.
Luv u 2 DC! xoxoxo!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!
 
GreyDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Not nearly high or steep enough
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Hey,.. At least GD's not bustin' my chops for my spelling 'n grammar!
I was unaware of your back problems.
Sorry, and best wishes for the surgery.

And I'm flattered you remember my "Grammar/Spelling Police" role on this forum.
It literally brought a tear to my eye.
No, not literally.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
I was unaware of your back problems.
Sorry, and best wishes for the surgery.

And I'm flattered you remember my "Grammar/Spelling Police" role on this forum.
It literally brought a tear to my eye.
No, not literally.
...figuratively tho, no doubt!!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaysnowmo View Post
I just started on this forum and I already regret it. I came here for advice and now you won't stop bellyaching about some troll. SHUT UP.
If I'm wrong about you? I will apologize. I have been wrong before. (..but not often! Not about DC!)

So you tell me! Address the issues I outlined. Are you such a clueless newb ...not an insult btw! I and everyone else here was a clueless newb at some point! (...well, maybe not BA, but the rest of us? Absolutely!)

So,.. Are you so newb you need your dick held to pick a board, get a scraper, find a simple review or Amazon.com link?? Are you? You can't seem to do do math well enough to see that $2 a stick for P-tex at your local shop is better than 50 a stick for a dozen plus shipping???

Or do you have a genuine need for that much P-tex? Are you repairing that many boards? If so? How is it You know enough to do a rather involved P-tex repair to the base of your board, but you're mystified and asking how to go about fixing a couple of little top sheet chips??

See what I mean? Your questions don't gel with the things you claim as reasons for being here! We've had plenty of annoying, clueless, "over enthusiastic" newbs join, post n stick around after a bit of schooling. (...again, MYSELF included!)

Here's the 411!! If you are a genuine newb member? You are more than welcome here. By me as well as others. No animosity towards you whatsoever. And if I am wrong, I will gladly & humbly apologize! But,.. You will need to grow a bit thicker skin if you want to fit in here.

If however, you are who I suspect you might b? Well, we spend far too much time genuinely trying to help and answer questions when the troll is only interested in wasting that time and offer of help on inane, irrelevant, and stupid shit. Only hoping to stir up a bunch of trouble. WE HATE THAT!!!

So YOU SHUT UP!!! Lol!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 07-16-2014 at 04:35 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
If I'm wrong about you? I will apologize. I have been wrong before. (..but not often! Not about DC!)

So you tell me! Address the issues I outlined. Are you such a clueless newb ...not an insult btw! I and everyone else here was a clueless newb at some point! (...well, maybe not BA, but the rest of us? Absolutely!)

So,.. Are you so newb you need your dick held to pick a board, get a scraper, find a simple review or Amazon.com link?? Are you? You can't seem to do do math well enough to see that $2 a stick for P-tex at your local shop is better than 50 a stick for a dozen plus shipping???

Or do you have a genuine need for that much P-tex? Are you repairing that many boards? If so? How is it You know enough to do a rather involved P-tex repair to the base of your board, but you're mystified and asking how to go about fixing a couple of little top sheet chips??

See what I mean? Your questions don't gel with the things you claim as reasons for being here! We've had plenty of annoying, clueless, "over enthusiastic" newbs join, post n stick around after a bit of schooling. (...again, MYSELF included!)

Here's the 411!! If you are a genuine newb member? You are more than welcome here. By me as well as others. No animosity towards you whatsoever. And if I am wrong, I will gladly & humbly apologize! But,.. You will need to grow a bit thicker skin if you want to fit in here.

If however, you are who I suspect you might b? Well, we spend far too much time genuinely trying to help and answer questions when the troll is only interested in wasting that time and offer of help on inane, irrelevant, and stupid shit. Only hoping to stir up a bunch of trouble. WE HATE THAT!!!

So YOU SHUT UP!!! Lol!
I do indeed have a genuine requirement for ptex as I was spring riding @ grouse and the snow there sucked at the time and branches and a shitload of other crap was peering out from under the snow as well. And I've said to myself time and time again "the gouges are just cosmetic, won't affect my riding" but fact of the matter is they do. I'm dealing with core shots touching the edge, major gouges,etc. And I have gotten my board repaired at a shop for 15 dollars every time at a shop and I realized it just wasn't worth the money! Thus I inferred I could do it by myself. I'm new to this kind of stuff and all I wanted was some cheap ptex for base repair. My shop even said it would cost extra because my base was scratched to a very high extent. So now, chomps, I applaud you for providing a false perspective on my issues. I am not a troll.
agaysnowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Steezus Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 271
Default

honestly dude a single stick will last u quite a while, and if you indeed need more, buy a 2nd. i guarantee u wont need any more than 3. $6, BOOM! not breaking the bank there bud...

chomps im not gonna lie, i do find ur posts very long and boring majority of the time, although you do eventually get the point across and have a lot of advice to offer. not picking on u or anything, just saying u should ease up a bit..
Steezus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ridinbend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bend
Posts: 1,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezus Christ View Post
honestly dude a single stick will last u quite a while, and if you indeed need more, buy a 2nd. i guarantee u wont need any more than 3. $6, BOOM! not breaking the bank there bud...

chomps im not gonna lie, i do find ur posts very long and boring majority of the time, although you do eventually get the point across and have a lot of advice to offer. not picking on u or anything, just saying u should ease up a bit..
It's tough being laid up with a back injury. I can't blame him for having a short fuse towards stupidity.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Steezus Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 271
Default

ever since i joined ive found a lot of his posts unnecessary verbal diarrhea, not just the last 5 weeks. but i do applaud his enthusiasm for the sport and love his passion for snowboarding. always willing to put in a few words of advice no matter the topic.
Steezus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
F1EA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaysnowmo View Post
I do indeed have a genuine requirement for ptex as I was spring riding @ grouse and the snow there sucked at the time and branches and a shitload of other crap was peering out from under the snow as well. And I've said to myself time and time again "the gouges are just cosmetic, won't affect my riding" but fact of the matter is they do. I'm dealing with core shots touching the edge, major gouges,etc. And I have gotten my board repaired at a shop for 15 dollars every time at a shop and I realized it just wasn't worth the money! Thus I inferred I could do it by myself. I'm new to this kind of stuff and all I wanted was some cheap ptex for base repair. My shop even said it would cost extra because my base was scratched to a very high extent. So now, chomps, I applaud you for providing a false perspective on my issues. I am not a troll.
You in Vancouver?
Go to Sports Junkies.... they have ptex. Cheap.
Actually..... everyone has cheap ptex so don't stress over who has the best price. Find whoever has it closest and hassle-free-est for you.

If you have "a lot" of gouges, including core shots.... take it to a shop.

If you have a few shallow-ish dents, buy ptex and a metal scraper and give it a try. ~$3 of ptex and a ~$15 metal scraper will last you for years. Your first repairs will be shit, but at least you learn.

Yeah this season '14-15 is a BAAAD one to buy used boards hehehehehhe
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
You in Vancouver?
Go to Sports Junkies.... they have ptex. Cheap.
Actually..... everyone has cheap ptex so don't stress over who has the best price. Find whoever has it closest and hassle-free-est for you.

If you have "a lot" of gouges, including core shots.... take it to a shop.

If you have a few shallow-ish dents, buy ptex and a metal scraper and give it a try. ~$3 of ptex and a ~$15 metal scraper will last you for years. Your first repairs will be shit, but at least you learn.

Yeah this season '14-15 is a BAAAD one to buy used boards hehehehehhe
Thanks, I'm probably just gonna go to sports junkies this weekend (I do live in vancouver). The boardroom sells the black candles for 2 bucks. I ordered this special ptex that bonds better to the metal edges for gouges near the edge.
agaysnowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums