Two new setups, one boy, one girl, whatcha think? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
AKB

Thumbs up Two new setups, one boy, one girl, whatcha think?

Okay, so with the end of season deals, and the lack in innovation other than topsheets from year to year, I decided to pick up a new setup for myself, and my fiance, today, in order for her to use for the rest of this season and me to use next season, or maybe in Whistler for some Spring Riding in May(I'm still in Iraq :[ ).

So for me,

I picked up the Never Summer Revolver-R in 161. I've got an older Revolver 161 that I got in '06, but managed to put a gigantic ding into the edge and it has never really ridden right since. I loved the board though, and everything I've heard about the vario cut and RC technology says that improving it is going to make it that much more awesome. It'll be my main board for most days, with my Arbor Roundhouse 167 only be pulled out on the epic pow days.

For bindings I got the Burton C02. Got a killer deal on them and they sound exactly like what I want. Despite my choice of the Revolver over the Legacy, I'm more of an all-mountain freerider than anything else. Very, very, rarely do I hit the park or anything, but I've tried the Legacy and the Revolver and I've always liked the Revolver better. Anyway, the CO2s look sick and the reviews I've read on them say they are pretty much epic.

Now for the girl's setup. She's just getting into riding but already has fallen in love and has taken to it quickly, so I'm hoping the board can keep up with her progression.

She's getting the Arbor Eden 148, her choice over the Push(due to the graphic I think), which I can't find a lot of reviews on but the ones I did find seem to say it's a pretty damn good board. I love Arbor(have the aforementioned Roundhouse and an Arbor longboard) so I'm feeling pretty good about the choice of board. Got a killer deal on it as well.

And for bindings I went a little above her skill level based on the theory that she's picking it up quickly and I know the first thing I hated when I started out was how soft my bindings were. So I picked her up a set of the Ride DVA Women's bindings. Again great reviews, good deal, hoping that she likes them.

Notes:

I'm 6'8 and about 200-215 through the season

She's 5'3 and probably around 120? I actually don't know. She's thin but athletic, so she probably weighs more than she looks like she does.

So, thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
ek3

I think you made really good choices (my opinion soley based on reading a lot of reviews). The only thing I would say is go for 143 - 145 cm because of her weight. I ride a 148 for park and I'm 155lbs. And Arbor's aren't that light as I hoped they would be but are real solid boards.
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I agree the Arbor might be slightly to big and not her style of board but I'm sure it will work fine.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote