Is a 155 board long enough for6'? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 01:44 AM   #21 (permalink)

10 times out of 10 I would take a sabotage over time machine. 6 out of 10 sabotage over mans board. I myself bought a mans board and sabotage for a brother and was surprised how good and fun sabotage is. It also is pretty fast and stable, good edge hold, very agile. Buy it and be happy
kosmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
My stance width is 570mm
Measured from middle to middle of the binding plate...?
Old 07-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Measured from middle to middle of the binding plate...?
Yeah binding centres ;-)
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Yeah binding centres ;-)
K, sorry OP for derailing, but I have to ask...

Your 57cm stance seems pretty narrow which makes me curious as you're someone who surely has put a lot of thoughts into shapes, stats, balance a.s.o.. What made you chose a rather narrow stance? Is it just a habbit, or do you see particular advantages? (I call it narrow as I'm riding a 55cm @ 5ft 8in, the SO 65cm @ 6ft. No judging intended, I'm just curious and interested to learn)
Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #25 (permalink)

^all g

:/ Just went to the local board shop and they have sold out on all the wide salamon boards both sabotage assassin and time machine.

Guess I'm gonna scour the net for some deals and order from merica

Do any of you guys have an opinion on the attack banana ? How does that compare to the proto hd?
gab1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
K, sorry OP for derailing, but I have to ask...

Your 57cm stance seems pretty narrow which makes me curious as you're someone who surely has put a lot of thoughts into shapes, stats, balance a.s.o.. What made you chose a rather narrow stance? Is it just a habbit, or do you see particular advantages? (I call it narrow as I'm riding a 55cm @ 5ft 8in, the SO 65cm @ 6ft. No judging intended, I'm just curious and interested to learn)
I didn't choose it. It chose me ;-)
Its just where I feel comfortable to be honest. Maybe the fact that I rode for my first 2 seasons with a snapped acl has something to do with it not being thugg wide? My knee used to pop out for a split second if I got lazy back before I had my LARS ligament put in.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #27 (permalink)

I'm 5'11 and my stance is 560mm. With this stance my slightly directional Mans Board became true twin, nose and tail the same lenght. This width I find the most comfortable.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmoz View Post
I'm 5'11 and my stance is 560mm. With this stance my slightly directional Mans Board became true twin, nose and tail the same lenght. This width I find the most comfortable.
That just means you are forward of centre of your sidecut. Just cause you set up so that the length of board is the same front and back doesn't magically change the length of the nose and tail, only a saw can change that ;-)
Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
That just means you are forward of centre of your sidecut. Just cause you set up so that the length of board is the same front and back doesn't magically change the length of the nose and tail, only a saw can change that ;-)
it could be, if salomon made a true directional board, not only puting binding mounting holes 10mm back I dont know what they did with the mans board about that, but nose and tail are the same width.

Recommended stance is 580mm, which was a little to wide for my liking last winter, but this year I will be learning some tricks, so I will go back to recommended holes.

Edit: they write in official website "DIRECTIONAL TWIN. A twin shape for freestyle moves with with a directional flex for power at high-speed. Binding stance is set back from center slightly.

Last edited by kosmoz; 07-23-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

So its a twin with setback and the core is probably 0.3mm thicker at the back end.