help me with new board set up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
xkrnposerx256

Default help me with new board set up

hey ppls im kinda new to the board tech kinda things so dont know whats good and whats not ive been going snow boarding about 10 times each year since i was like 5. im 16 right now and everyyear i end up borrowing and friends board cause im out of cash i finally got the cash and am gunna set up a new board so any suggestions??i just started getting into the terrain park kinda deal about a year ago so im fairly new hitting a few rails and jump here and there but i dont want some half ass bargin bin board wats a really good set up for the price i dont really have a price range but give me all parts of the spectrum

edit*

i also wanna know what kind of boots and binding with the boards would be nice

Last edited by xkrnposerx256; 03-05-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
untchabl

Check out the Capita Scaremaster. Gets good reviews as a park board but people also use it as an all-mountain board. Evo Gear has it in their outlet for $125 w/ free shipping plus enter "25off" when you check out and get another 25% off. I ordered me and a buddy one today. Probably about the best deal out for the price.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
alpha732

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkrnposerx256 View Post
hey ppls im kinda new to the board tech kinda things so dont know whats good and whats not ive been going snow boarding about 10 times each year since i was like 5. im 16 right now and everyyear i end up borrowing and friends board cause im out of cash i finally got the cash and am gunna set up a new board so any suggestions??i just started getting into the terrain park kinda deal about a year ago so im fairly new hitting a few rails and jump here and there but i dont want some half ass bargin bin board wats a really good set up for the price i dont really have a price range but give me all parts of the spectrum

Capita Scaremaster which the previous poster recommended is probably the best bargain available right now, next best bargain is probably the burton hero at 215. For bindings look at cartels if going with the burton board.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
xkrnposerx256

ok thx for the reply if thats the best worth the money deal if i was looking for a really high end board could u point out one?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
alpha732

Quote:
ok thx for the reply if thats the best worth the money deal if i was looking for a really high end board could u point out one?
hero is higher end (retails at 440), also look at lib tech trice btx, ns sl-r, and bataleon boards.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
untchabl

I love my Lib

And just because the Scaremaster is that low priced, don't think it's a bad board. It's the same as a Capita Stairmaster, just has different graphics on it.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
A high end board might not be the best choice for you. We need to know your level of experience, where you ride, etc. Do you spend all day in the park or do you only hit it a few times?

For bindings here is a list of some good performers.
390's
targas
cartels
Flux titans

Boots
Rome smith boa
DC boa
Saloman symbios
Rome libertine

We can't really reccomend boots to you though, you have to try them on somewhere because they all fit differently.

Last edited by I need a name; 03-05-2009 at 04:57 AM.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote