Noob - Help Please! Can't decide on board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
vierka

Red face Noob - Help Please! Can't decide on board...

I'm a total noob, but do want to get my own setup. I've got the boots already K2 Plush, and like Flow bindings (don't have them yet).
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 140 lbs

There are pretty good sales on, and I found these boards that are OK price and I like them, but can't decide which would be the best one for beginner... Does it make a difference if I get let's say the Burton Lux and it's described as for intermediate - advanced? I was at a shop near me, and the guy said it's a decent board for beginner. BTW, has anyone heard any reviews on the Lux? I can't seem to find any. I've heard good things about the K2, and nothing about 5150... Please help! I'm getting confused...

Burton Lux 143 cm Burton Lux Snowboarrd - Women's - Blem 2009 : Snowboards | evo outlet Seems I might be too heavy for this one?!

K2 Moment 142 cm K2 Moment Snowboard - Women's 2009 : Snowboards | evo

5150 Empress 08 Snowboard - Boards - Senior - 5150 Women's Empress 08 -SportChek.ca

Is it better to buy a beginner board, learn on it, and later get a better board or get a good / intermediate board from the get go and have it last longer?

Last edited by vierka; 03-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
kMc

I was new this year, i would consider myself an intermediate now, but i started on a burton feather and quickly moved on to a never summer infinity-r. you should look into it. its a great board for all mountain, durable, and has a 3 year warranty. i absolutely love mine.

Never Summer Infinity (White) Snowboard - Women's 2009 : Snowboards | evo outlet

5150 is not so great, never heard of that k2 board, and my friend who is new just got a lux and likes it, it seems to be working well for her. seriously, check out the never summer, in the 147, it would be a good size for you and is a board you can learn on and grow in to, it won't hinder your progression.never summer is a great company and this price is ridiculous.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
vierka

[QUOTE=kMc;140202]I was new this year, i would consider myself an intermediate now, but i started on a burton feather and quickly moved on to a never summer infinity-r. you should look into it. its a great board for all mountain, durable, and has a 3 year warranty. i absolutely love mine.

Never Summer Infinity (White) Snowboard - Women's 2009 : Snowboards | evo outlet
QUOTE]

It looks great - you think the 147 cm won't be too tall for me?
It's actually one of the brands that CAN be shipped to Canada, so that's awesome! Hmmmm...

THANK YOU!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=vierka;140282]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kMc View Post
I was new this year, i would consider myself an intermediate now, but i started on a burton feather and quickly moved on to a never summer infinity-r. you should look into it. its a great board for all mountain, durable, and has a 3 year warranty. i absolutely love mine.

QUOTE]

It looks great - you think the 147 cm won't be too tall for me?
It's actually one of the brands that CAN be shipped to Canada, so that's awesome! Hmmmm...

THANK YOU!
a 147 seems right. 143 is more the 100-115lb range..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
kMc

^^^ just about to say the same thing. size is based on weight rather than height, no matter what the rental people/shop people try to push on you.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote