The Best Outerwear for 09/10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
ParkRat

Cool The Best Outerwear for 09/10

So, I have experimented with almost every outerwear company there is over the last ten years I have ridden. A lot of companies put out shit.. meaning the seams tear, the functionality sucks, etc. This year I rocked a Billabong fit since I knew most heads on the hill wouldn't have the same stuff. The designs were pretty fresh, but my jacket is starting to wear out, and the pants have already been repaired twice. Next season, I am going in a new direction. I work in the industry and have the opportunity to demo and get sneak-peeks of next year's production for most outerwear companies. I narrowed it down to two..

My first pick is...

Sound Outerwear

Sound is a new company founded by MFM, and is definitely on the rise. I chose to rock Sound because of their cutting-edge technology, and sweeeet designs. Sound has all the audio functionality that you could ever want. As far as their product goes, their jackets cut down on that annoying bulkiness and weighed-down feeling you get with most outerwear. Behold... A puffy jacket that doesn't make you feel like an eskimo. Now you can look steezy, comfortably..

You know with a rider like MFM backing it, Sound's gotta be the truth.

Check em' out at SOUND SNOWBOARDING

My second pick is...

Nomis

Sure, everyone knows what Nomis is, and has probably seen all the scenesters rocking their gear. If you thought Nomis put out sick outerwear this year.. wait til you see next year! My buddy from the company showed me some of their samples and I geeked out. I seriously couldn't decide between four of their jackets. Not only do they have some of the hottest designs in the industry, they stepped up their tech as well. Nomis is Simon spelled backwards, started by Simon Chamberlain--the illest jibstar in the game.

In case you haven't seen their stuff NOMIS DESIGN

Clearly there are other companies that I am stoked on, but these were my favs. Let me know what you think, and I would gladly entertain any recommendations that yall can give me.

Keep shreddin'
ParkRat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the company with one of the worst quality reports, followed by a brand new company that will probably have shitty quality again.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

nomis is fine

not the greatest, but fine

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
kylekilljoy

Nomis is quality stuff, chill out and stop raging on this guy.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

i <3 burton ak
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stevo22

sessions and 686 ftw
Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Edit: Jab revoked

Last edited by neednsnow; 03-06-2009 at 04:16 PM.
neednsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkRat View Post
So, I have experimented with almost every outerwear company there is over the last ten years I have ridden. A lot of companies put out shit.. meaning the seams tear, the functionality sucks, etc. This year I rocked a Billabong fit since I knew most heads on the hill wouldn't have the same stuff. The designs were pretty fresh, but my jacket is starting to wear out, and the pants have already been repaired twice. Next season, I am going in a new direction. I work in the industry and have the opportunity to demo and get sneak-peeks of next year's production for most outerwear companies. I narrowed it down to two..

My first pick is...

Sound Outerwear

Sound is a new company founded by MFM, and is definitely on the rise. I chose to rock Sound because of their cutting-edge technology, and sweeeet designs. Sound has all the audio functionality that you could ever want. As far as their product goes, their jackets cut down on that annoying bulkiness and weighed-down feeling you get with most outerwear. Behold... A puffy jacket that doesn't make you feel like an eskimo. Now you can look steezy, comfortably..

You know with a rider like MFM backing it, Sound's gotta be the truth.

Check em' out at SOUND SNOWBOARDING

My second pick is...

Nomis

Sure, everyone knows what Nomis is, and has probably seen all the scenesters rocking their gear. If you thought Nomis put out sick outerwear this year.. wait til you see next year! My buddy from the company showed me some of their samples and I geeked out. I seriously couldn't decide between four of their jackets. Not only do they have some of the hottest designs in the industry, they stepped up their tech as well. Nomis is Simon spelled backwards, started by Simon Chamberlain--the illest jibstar in the game.

In case you haven't seen their stuff NOMIS DESIGN

Clearly there are other companies that I am stoked on, but these were my favs. Let me know what you think, and I would gladly entertain any recommendations that yall can give me.

Keep shreddin'
ParkRat
Shameless plug

Quote:
Ok, I gotta rag on this guy. Its day one on the boards and he's plugging shat gear. Any douche who feels it necessary to plug his favorite gear for NEXT season, is a douche. Any douche who feels as if his 10 years gives him enough clout to post reviews after having 2 total posts is a douche. Any douche who joins the board and plugs gear on his first day is a douche.

Until I see more evidence, I'm judging this as a douche post

LOL
Old 03-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

What's the story with Analog? I just noticed Sierra is giving the stuff away, and had to order a jacket. Do they have something to do with Burton?
crowe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

analog is owned by burton

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote