Advice for Lib Tech snowboard - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

IMO you're getting wayyyy too far ahead of yourself. You're making this way more difficult than it needs to be. I don't think you're going to want a powder specific board. It's going to really limit your ability to develop as a rider because it's going to really limit what you're going to experience with those types of boards. There are tons of other boards/brands out there that can provide what you're looking for. If you're that worried about powder, then anything rocker or hybrid will suit you so long as you get the appropriate size. Learning how to adjust your set up depending on conditions is all it takes, instead of limiting yourself to a specialized board. K2, Rome, Arbor just to name a few options. You can even look for boards with built in set back stances for the pow days
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
It can ride powder. You just don't need a specialized powder board yet for your riding. It has to do with board shape.
Thanks. Yes, i think i won't be able to ride in powder in the near future. Thanks a lot for the advises.
cabezonGh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowOwl View Post
IMO you're getting wayyyy too far ahead of yourself. You're making this way more difficult than it needs to be. I don't think you're going to want a powder specific board. It's going to really limit your ability to develop as a rider because it's going to really limit what you're going to experience with those types of boards. There are tons of other boards/brands out there that can provide what you're looking for. If you're that worried about powder, then anything rocker or hybrid will suit you so long as you get the appropriate size. Learning how to adjust your set up depending on conditions is all it takes, instead of limiting yourself to a specialized board. K2, Rome, Arbor just to name a few options. You can even look for boards with built in set back stances for the pow days
Yes, i agree. I should not be considering so many things. It's not going to be nessary to have a powder snowboard.

Just a little bit hard for me to choose the "correct" and "perfect" one, once you get to know more then you realized you know only a little. Makes me feel nervous to pick the first board.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezonGh View Post
Yes, i agree. I should not be considering so many things. It's not going to be nessary to have a powder snowboard.

Just a little bit hard for me to choose the "correct" and "perfect" one, once you get to know more then you realized you know only a little. Makes me feel nervous to pick the first board.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I think you'd do really well on a K2 Turbo Dream. It was my first deck, and to this day it's still one my favorites. It's super versatile and forgiving, but also can keep up with you once you get better and ride harder. Just to give you a picture of how versatile it can be, it's my go to pow stick AND it's one of my most stable decks to jump on in the park
Old 07-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezonGh View Post
Thanks~~~

what if i use Brando/Birdman to ride in tail? Does it make big difference comparing riding a normal Phoenix in trail?
Yes, it makes a huge difference. The most versatile board in the lib lineup are going to be the Phoenix, trs, and attack banana. Twin with rocker/camber. You can't really loose with any of those boards. Now close your eyes, pick one and pull the trigger.

Last edited by ridinbend; 07-24-2014 at 03:56 PM.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I think you'd do really well on a K2 Turbo Dream. It was my first deck, and to this day it's still one my favorites. It's super versatile and forgiving, but also can keep up with you once you get better and ride harder. Just to give you a picture of how versatile it can be, it's my go to pow stick AND it's one of my most stable decks to jump on in the park

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will look the details of K2 Turbo Dream. Do u have any suggestions for a lib tech
Old 07-26-2014, 01:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I also recommend the K2 Turbo dream

But if you want to buy a Lib tech. The Mark Landvik Phoenix series is the best of the three you mentioned. It will be good for riding all over the mountain, powder and trails.

The Dark series is a very stiff and advanced board, made for riding very fast on steep terrain, the birdman is made for riding super deep powder all the time, and its performance would suffer on hard packed trails.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you're that stuck on a Mervin deck, look at the Attack Banana for a deck with more flex, and for a more stiff deck maybe GNU Danny Kass. I have 'em both, and I really like them for what they're made for. '12 Attack Banana (Which I have) won a Good Wood award and I think the DK did as well sometime recently. They're really good decks with magna and banana tech in em so they'll be your all mountain go to, and be able to hit pow with no issues. The DK might be centered, but I know my Attack Banana has the default set back I had mentioned earlier, as does the Turbo Dream
Old 07-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you're that stuck on a Mervin deck, look at the Attack Banana for a deck with more flex, and for a more stiff deck maybe GNU Danny Kass. I have 'em both, and I really like them for what they're made for. '12 Attack Banana (Which I have) won a Good Wood award and I think the DK did as well sometime recently. They're really good decks with magna and banana tech in em so they'll be your all mountain go to, and be able to hit pow with no issues. The DK might be centered, but I know my Attack Banana has the default set back I had mentioned earlier, as does the Turbo Dream
Attack banana is a great board but there's no set back it's a true twin.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
Attack banana is a great board but there's no set back it's a true twin.
that's some bs. I would have loved if mine was a true twin, but mine is a directional twin. They must have changed that over the past year or so cuz I'm pretty certain mine has a 1/2 cm setback on it. I ended up buying a new deck to get a true twin to focus on park (Which I freakin love)

Tags
birdman, c2 btx, c3 btx, dark series, lib tech