Advice for Lib Tech snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice for Lib Tech snowboard

I am trying to grab my first deck after renting for 3 years. Most of the time i stay in tail. But i would like to go into powder and wild snow fields(i think that only happens after several years).

Hight: 177CM - 69 inches
Weight: 70 kilograms 154 pounds
Usage: in Tail (not interest in park, pipe)
Location: Most of time China NorthEast - natural snow. sometime go for man-made snow with a little bit ice.

Options:
1.Darker Series (C3 BTX 7.5)
2.Birdman (BTX 6.5)
3.Mark Landvik Phoenix Series (C2 BTX 6.5)

Also appreacite if you have other suggestions.
Please help to state the difference for C3 BTX and C2 BTX.

Thanks again
cabezonGh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If your going to buy Lib, I think the Lando/Phoenix is going to be your best choice to perform in all types of snow conditions.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride the Darker C3 and it's a fantastic all around board. The C3 profile is great, it's almost full camber with just a little rocker between the feet to make it a little forgiving. It's rated Lib's stiffest board but it doesn't feel stiff at all to me. Super stable and responsive, I wouldn't want anything softer. It's decent in small amounts of powder too, but it is not a "powder specific" board like the Birdman. Although it sounds like you don't need a powder specific board like the Birdman if you are riding mainly "trails".

Last edited by tonicusa; 07-24-2014 at 04:36 AM.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
If your going to buy Lib, I think the Lando/Phoenix is going to be your best choice to perform in all types of snow conditions.
I saw two snowboards from the official website:
MARK LANDVIK PHOENIX SERIES
Brando by Lando

i did not see any difference of those two. Is the first one the Phoenix that you can talking?

thanks for suggestion.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
I ride the Darker C3 and it's a fantastic all around board. The C3 profile is great, it's almost full camber with just a little rocker between the feet to make it a little forgiving. It's rated Lib's stiffest board but it doesn't feel stiff at all to me. Super stable and responsive, I wouldn't want anything softer. It's decent in small amounts of powder too, but it is not a "powder specific" board like the Birdman. Although it sounds like you don't need a powder specific board like the Birdman if you are riding mainly "trails".
Thanks for your reply.
1. Yes, i am not ready to start riding in powder. there are plenty more practise i still need to do.
2. Correct me if i am wrong, i often hear people saying Camber is more suitable for freestyle since it gives you a strong bounce back when you jump. But i never go to pipe, so i was wondering if the Camber dominant board suits me since i do "trail" most of the time.
3. I heard the Dark C3 can go really fast, i am not quite confident to go "Very Black" trail as of the moment. Would this be a problem for me?

Appreciate your advice.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The camber can be useful for pop, but more importantly for stability, grip, and response. It is great for a board you will use for riding trails.

It has a high quality base that makes it glide nicely as well as making it a fairly fast board if you want to go fast.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
The camber can be useful for pop, but more importantly for stability, grip, and response. It is great for a board you will use for riding trails.

It has a high quality base that makes it glide nicely as well as making it a fairly fast board if you want to go fast.

sounds cool and make more senses. How about the weight? Is that because it's a little bit heavier than Birdman makes it not so well fit for powder glide?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezonGh View Post
I saw two snowboards from the official website:
MARK LANDVIK PHOENIX SERIES
Brando by Lando

i did not see any difference of those two. Is the first one the Phoenix that you can talking?

thanks for suggestion.
Brando is also a powder specific board like the birdman
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
Brando is also a powder specific board like the birdman
Thanks~~~

what if i use Brando/Birdman to ride in tail? Does it make big difference comparing riding a normal Phoenix in trail?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezonGh View Post
sounds cool and make more senses. How about the weight? Is that because it's a little bit heavier than Birdman makes it not so well fit for powder glide?
It can ride powder. You just don't need a specialized powder board yet for your riding. It has to do with board shape.

Tags
birdman, c2 btx, c3 btx, dark series, lib tech