Seeking advice, on the market for a new board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Seeking advice, on the market for a new board...

Hi guys

I've been snowboarding for about a year now and currently ride a Rome Agent 156 (sits between my mouth and chin). I am looking to improve my skills such as riding switch and performing some ground tricks as i feel this is the next chapter for me to accomplish before moving onto big jumps/half pipes. I sometimes go to the park when i'm not cruising with mates but currently i feel that i need a shorter board.

Been reading positive reviews on the Ride DH and Lib-Tech Skate banana which has gotten my attention.

height is 175cm (5'7)
approximate 165 lbs

Is a 151 board way to short for me? and which board do you guys recon would be ideal for mainly cruising down groomers, ground tricks and a bit of park... any advice would be great...
krazibone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

I really want to try a Skate Banana, but I couldn't find one on sale last week that compared to some of the other deals on similar rocker boards. I ended up going with a K2 WWW Rocker, which I've seen being sold for less than $200.
crowe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazibone View Post
Hi guys

I've been snowboarding for about a year now and currently ride a Rome Agent 156 (sits between my mouth and chin). I am looking to improve my skills such as riding switch and performing some ground tricks as i feel this is the next chapter for me to accomplish before moving onto big jumps/half pipes. I sometimes go to the park when i'm not cruising with mates but currently i feel that i need a shorter board.

Been reading positive reviews on the Ride DH and Lib-Tech Skate banana which has gotten my attention.

height is 175cm (5'7)
approximate 165 lbs

Is a 151 board way to short for me? and which board do you guys recon would be ideal for mainly cruising down groomers, ground tricks and a bit of park... any advice would be great...
im around the same weight and i ride my 152 stairmaster. i like its size a lot, tons of play
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote