Favorite Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Favorite Bindings

What are or is your favorite pair of bindings? Give a description of why you like them and what boots you wear with em ^_^ maybe some people can get ideas from your setup
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My current setup (This is the one that gets the most use out of it, I have other setups)

07/08 Darkstar (Best darkstar to date for anyone looking to purchase one)
09 Rome 390 bindings
09 Rome smith BOA boots

Why did I choose the 390 bindings? Simple answer to this. They straps are extremely comfortable and the bindings are perfect for all around riding. I also havea pair 09 CTX cinch bindings but the romes are much more comfortable and have better response.

Last edited by I need a name; 03-05-2009 at 08:11 PM.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

My current setup:

Palmer burn
08 K2 Cinch CTS
08 Burton Hail's

No complaints, very comfy all day long. They suck for strapping in on the hill though.

I just bought a set of K2 Sweaters for another board, and I'm really liking them too. I'll probably throw them on my Burn just to see if they make my Burn a different ride.
crowe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Two bindings I've used this year:

'08 Ride CAD Bindings
'09 Rome 390 Bindings

So far I tend to like the CAD better. It's a bit softer even though I'm more all mountain with a few park runs here and there. The 390's at XL barely squeeze, and I do mean squeeze, my 32 boots in at size 11.5 whereas it's very comfty and open for the CAD ones. The only beef I have with the CAD's are the ratchet systems are a bitch and slip here and there when strapping in till you get used to it.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaze View Post
Two bindings I've used this year:

'08 Ride CAD Bindings
'09 Rome 390 Bindings

So far I tend to like the CAD better. It's a bit softer even though I'm more all mountain with a few park runs here and there. The 390's at XL barely squeeze, and I do mean squeeze, my 32 boots in at size 11.5 whereas it's very comfty and open for the CAD ones. The only beef I have with the CAD's are the ratchet systems are a bitch and slip here and there when strapping in till you get used to it.
I tried out the CAD once Iand I also noticed the slipping. It got really annoying after a while because it was extremely hard to strap in tight.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've had the Ride Lx for about 4 years now and they are great for all mountain riding. Soft enough for the park, but not to soft. I abuse the hell outta them and they have withstood it all. I have the Burton Motos, and again have had them for 4 years and never had trouble.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Unions. Forces, Contacts and Cadet DLX. All really good bindings. The Conctacts aren't what you want for a freeride or pipe board but park and playing around I've ridden nothing better. The thing I like about Union is that they're really the only bindings you can actually center your boot in the structure of the binding. All others that have adjustable heelcups like K2 or Rome, the heelcup is also part of the sides of the binding. So when you move that back, you change the effect of the binding. The heelcup on Unions is just that, a HEELCUP. So when you move that, thats all that moves. The center of your boot stays in the center of your binding.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

i stick to flows, they're convenient for a midwest rider who's constantly in and out of the bindings. they're comfortable and strapping in on the lift saves me a lot of time and i've been with em for enough seasons that i just don't think about other kinds. however, i just picked up a pair of cartels and will be giving them their maiden voyage in colorado in 2 weeks. it'll be my first time back into traditional bindings in years(bringing the flows just in case), but when i get back i'll offer my opinions and compare/contrast the two types.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
jjin

09' Rome 390 w/ 09' DC Judge.

another good combo is 09' Cartels w/ 09' DC Judge.

imo flows blow.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBomber53045 View Post
i stick to flows, they're convenient for a midwest rider who's constantly in and out of the bindings. they're comfortable and strapping in on the lift saves me a lot of time and i've been with em for enough seasons that i just don't think about other kinds. \
except when they both release upon impact resulting in a shattered tailbone and a board lost in the woods