Another 'First Board' Thread - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another 'First Board' Thread

Hello! I am doing what you all hate and asking about a first board. By board, I really mean 'Deck'. The boots and bindings will come later. To give you all the break down:

Height: 69 Inches (looking at between 155-160, based on weight and such)
Weight: 175 lbs
Boot size: 7-8
Riding style: Only rode groomers, stayed out of the park. Interested in doing some things in the park.
budget: None
Your location of riding: Germany/Europe (can you say the Alps?)
Number of seasons: 2

So, I rode a couple of times in the past two seasons, and really enjoyed snow boarding. I only rode on machine made groomed trails, so that's all I know. However, I have since moved to Germany and legitimately have a change to visit the Alps. I'm at the stage where I can link turns, go heel side to toe side and back, and take on the occasional black diamond. I'm now looking for my own deck to buy and set up, so I no longer have to rent. Right now, I can get a discount through K2 and Salomon, so that's what I'm really considering. I'm ignoring Burton, because I don't want to pay for a name. Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!

Here are the decks that I am considering:

Salomon Drift Rocker: read some reviews and may not want this, seems more for park.
K2 Raygun: Seen some good things that say this is a good all mountain board.
K2 Subculture: Haven't seen much about this
K2 Standard: After a Google search, all I really found was stuff from K2 and reviews about synthetic Cannabis

What I would like to know is if anyone has rode any of these boards, and what they think of them for a novice rider.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!
pianoman201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the K2 Raygun is the goto progression board. it does everything well and is easy to ride. It also is a good price.

out of what you listed that is what i would get.

source:i ride a K2 turbo dream which is a souped-up raygun.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback. After talking to an instructor that is local here, and looking around the net, I'm pretty commited to the Raygun. Also, this instructor is a Rep Rider for K2, and is very knowlegable about their products. Everything that I read about that deck is great, seems to be an all mountain, all skill, all terain, all everything general board. For someone like me, who is a little bit above beginner, I think it will do everthing that I want it to do. Mainly, help me progress. Thanks again for your time, and I look forward to getting my Raygun!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hey dudes, new here, what do you think of this K2?

K2 Raygun Snowboard 2015 | evo

Do you think it's okay to use it for snow-dome and mountain concurrently?
Stay_humble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yes, its pretty much the same as the old raygun, the new graphics are better imo. Perfect for using both places
Old 08-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay_humble View Post
Hey dudes, new here, what do you think of this K2?

K2 Raygun Snowboard 2015 | evo

Do you think it's okay to use it for snow-dome and mountain concurrently?
Hey buddy, I'm going to give you a quick lesson in forum etiquette. This isn't the first forum I've posted on, so pay attention. Before you post anywhere, read through the "Stickies" and make sure you understand them. They generally have rules and good information, to include etiquette for the particular forum. From there, go to the "Introductions" thread. It's a great place to start, introduce yourself, and score some easy posts to make your counter go up. That way your first post isn't asking some random question.

Third and finally, you jacked my thread. Thread jack is where you basically "steal the show" or "steal someone's thunder" on a forum. You can ask a question on someone's thread, as long as it's to the Original Poster (O.P.). There are some exceptions, but a good rule of thumb is if you want to ask your own question to the community, start your own thread.

I hope you learned something from this.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

opcorn
td.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thank you....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.9 KB, 50 views)
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman201 View Post
Hey buddy, I'm going to give you a quick lesson in forum etiquette. This isn't the first forum I've posted on, so pay attention. Before you post anywhere, read through the "Stickies" and make sure you understand them. They generally have rules and good information, to include etiquette for the particular forum. From there, go to the "Introductions" thread. It's a great place to start, introduce yourself, and score some easy posts to make your counter go up. That way your first post isn't asking some random question.

Third and finally, you jacked my thread. Thread jack is where you basically "steal the show" or "steal someone's thunder" on a forum. You can ask a question on someone's thread, as long as it's to the Original Poster (O.P.). There are some exceptions, but a good rule of thumb is if you want to ask your own question to the community, start your own thread.

I hope you learned something from this.
Haha, you'll like it in Germany (I'm allowed to say so, Kosmo, I'm half German)

You're certainky right... but you're new here as well... get used to it. Threads here can go long sideways, sometimes several different discussions mixed together, sometimes fun, sometimes very interesting, sometimes hilariously giddy. This ain't a dead serious place . Well, not till it comes to surveys

BTW: Welcome to the Alps. Hope, you live way in the South of Germany.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
….You're certainky right... but you're new here as well... get used to it. Threads here can go long sideways, sometimes several different discussions mixed together, sometimes fun, sometimes very interesting, sometimes hilariously giddy. This ain't a dead serious place . Well, not till it comes to surveys

BTW: Welcome to the Alps. Hope, you live way in the South of Germany.

Neni's right! If you are gonna get too agro over things like that, you might have a rough time of it here. Not chastising, just stating the facts of this place. Yes, a blatant and un apologetic thread jack is considered,.. bad form, even rude in many instances, but they usually sort themselves out without too much trouble. (…unless we are talking about survey spammers! They receive NO quarter whatsoever!!!)

And,… as you can plainly see by ridinbend's contribution? They often lead to some genuine hilarity!!! Speaking of going sideways,.. Dude? Where in the hell did you find that pic? LOL! I Hope you didn't submit you own furry little friend to such humiliation! How will he ever face his pals at around the fire hydrant?

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote