Lib tech hot knife vs darker series - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib tech hot knife vs darker series

Hi need abit of help I've looked at both of these boards reviews on you tube but can't seem to find out what the difference is between them both, could anyone on here help me out to decide between these to boards, I can't demo any of them so need as much info on them as possible, I also like the sound of the never summer cobra these are the 3 I've narrowed it down too

Any help would be good

Shane
Shanejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

What year models are you talking about? the 2013-2014 ones that a lot of people have ridden or the 2014-2015 models that just went on sale on a few web sites and stores?

Overall though the darker series is a stiffer more aggressive board and a lot of riders have said this board is great for "natural" obstacles as well as on the pipe. The DS has a 0.5 inch set back stance where the HK has 0, both boards are C/R/C and C3BTX.

What conditions do you mainly ride on and where at?
Simon Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Been looking at the 2013/2014 models as there is more reviews of them but couldn't see what the difference is, I'll be in Canada for 6 months next November doing my CASI training and they over to New Zealand I'll be in and around Europe until then, mainly an all mountain/free ride rider with the odd park trips.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejones View Post
Been looking at the 2013/2014 models as there is more reviews of them but couldn't see what the difference is, I'll be in Canada for 6 months next November doing my CASI training and they over to New Zealand I'll be in and around Europe until then, mainly an all mountain/free ride rider with the odd park trips.
If you have your heart set on a Lib Tech board check out the TRS and the T Rice as well for what your looking for (don't get the blunted tips if your after riding in some pow).

Out of the HK and DS if you plan on bombing the mountain as fast as you can (point and shoot) and a lot of jumps I would go with the DS. I don't own a DS but from a lot of people on this forum who do own one says its great for that and has a lot of pop for a stiff board cause of the bamboo under the bindings.

I do own a HK and its less stiff and a true twin which is good for the park and this board is more forgiving as well as costing less.

What size boot you wear and your weight?
Old 08-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok I'll have a look at them as well do they have quite a bit of camber on the Trice? I'm size 9 16st
Old 08-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

The T Rice is also C/R/C but C2BTX. Check out this link to see the differences Snowboard Technology – Lib Tech
Old 08-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

So I'm guessing from the reviews the C2BTX is less of a camber board than the C3BTX I think I'll b edging toward the Hk or DS just need to find a company in the UK if any that will have demos of these or something similar, what do you think of the NS cobra boards?
Old 08-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejones View Post
So I'm guessing from the reviews the C2BTX is less of a camber board than the C3BTX I think I'll b edging toward the Hk or DS just need to find a company in the UK if any that will have demos of these or something similar, what do you think of the NS cobra boards?
I don't own or have ridden a NS Cobra, I do own a NS SL though. Look at all the reviews and comments here about the cobra from fellow forum members Snowboarding Forum is a free snowboard enthusiast forum. Learn to snowboard, trade tips, and exchange photos on our Forums for Snowboarders. Join Snowboarding Forum today! - Search Results for cobra
Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love the Darker. But keep in mind it's a rockered board so even though it's called "stiff" it doesn't feel that way to me at all in comparison to my cambered sticks like the Signal OG and Slash ATV. Not sure where your riding ability is but it's a super stable, fun riding board. I will hit anything on this board its cruise control on jumps.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Right ok well I think might suit me abit better as I wanted an all mountain board with the odd trips to the park and ability wise I've been riding for about 3 years just starting to do bigger stuff in the park as I just prefer carving and ripping down the mountain and hitting natural jumps