Board buying advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kbkyle

Default Board buying advice

Hey,

I need some help buying a board. I'm 6 feet 175 - 180 pounds. I already bought flow M8 XL bindings and 11.5 boots. I board 90% of the time in the North Carolina mountains where it is ice and packed snow all the time, never any powder. I'd say I'm a little above an intermediate level boarder. I can hit jumps and board slide rails confidently. I've ridden rentals, mainly all mountain boards with about a 6 flex and 156-158 length, but think I would really enjoy a slightly shorter board with a lot of flex. I want to be able to pop, but still want to be able to fly down the black diamonds super fast. Price is flexible, but around $200 is good. Any suggestions on the specs I should/need to get or brands/styles?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You aren't going to get a board for $200 that will fly down blacks without chatter. Just isn't going to happen. Unfortunately it is also impossible to get a board that can handle extrmemely fast speeds and have lots of flex. A stiffer board is what you need for going fast on steeps and a flexible board is what you need for the park.

Your best choice is probably a board with mtx so it gets great edge hold on the snow conditions you have. Look into a LIB dark series board. Might not be the best for rails and park but it will be able to do both steeps and park.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote