Step child jib stick? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Step child jib stick?

hey, i was just looking for a board that is more park oriented. I do have a dilemma here though.
I have some big 10.5 sized feet but im really light, im six foot but weight around 135-140, and it moves around.

Therefore if i want a 148 board like the stairmaster i have been looking at it seems like it is not wide enough for me. I currently ride a 156 Agent that has a width of 25.2 which is perfect i think, i have no drag.

Ok, now getting more to the point, i found the jib stick online and see that the 148 cm has 25.1 width which i think is perfect! but they talk about these pre-detuned edges and i am kinda worried that if i get this board i will not be able to use it for anything else besides jibs, cause i like to take my freestyle all over the mtn. I also love jumps, but no 50 footers so some flex is no problem for me. Does anyone have experience with this board or have any knowledge of it?
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i ride a 10.5 and you should have any problem with a wide or a regular. 10.5 is almost like the perfect size because for most boards you have your choice of what you because you can safely do both. i prefer wide for more stability. my board is a 25.7 waist width but you should be fine with anything as long as its not under like 24.5, the stairmaster will work for you with no problems i would say.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

really? i have been makeing width like my deciding factor in my board planning for next year lol...

this is my first full season and im already looking for my next board, ima buy it at sierra's 50% off nxt year.

does anyone know the thing about measureing toe drag, where you strap in your boots and then lean your board on its toe and heel edge and see how far you can lean before they hit the ground? does anyone know how far down you must tilt your board before you are clear for no toe/heel drag?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

trust me, you will not drag on a reg width board with 10.5s, especially on park boards where they are usually wider and your stance is usually wider
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Read my review: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...-jibstick.html

If you can find a Jib Stick... get it.

I just can't seem to shake the shackles of the City boy Blues
$Lindz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

from what I understand they arent predetuned, they are rounded edges. so no you wont be able to hold an edge as well all over the mountain. if your looking for a board that can do that stop looking for a jib board that can go on the mountain and start looking for an all mountain board which can go into the park
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i kinda already have that with my agent, but im leaning towards the capita stairmaster cause i hear it pretty much kills it everywhere.

The flex with a jib board is not really gona keep me from goin all mtn. cause im really light imo. The agent feels like a ply wood to me so i figured a shorter stairmaster would work, specially if i max out the stance.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go with a 152W Stair. You're one of those odd cases where you have to actually think about height in your board choice. You're tall and skinny. I'm 5'8" and 140 and I'm skinny. So seeing as how your 4inches taller than me and I rode a 148 Scare, you'll be good on the 152. And at a 10.5 I suggest a wide cause it will be that much more stable in the park.

You might also look at the Mid Life series 151. Smaller than the comparative Scare but its a mid wide. So it won't be as wide as a 'wide' but wider than a standard. Mid wides are generally made for 10-11.5.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote