All mountain recomendation - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default All mountain recomendation

Hey guys, after much time reading here it is time to write.
Currently I'm riding on Salomon Ace 2010/2011 (156) for 3 years, it's my first board and now I want to buy a new board. My level is intermediate and I want a board to progress to advance.
I ride most of time in Spain, no deep powder here, primarily just packed snow and ice. I dont go to the park.
I want a board with magnetraction (or similar), medium/stiff flex (but no freeride board), sintered base, as much stable as possible.
I'm 171cm 65kg(143lbs)
Here is not easy to find some brands like NS..
The boards I like for for the moments:
Rossignol one/krypto
Rome agent rocker

Last year I bought a cartels so I'll put on this board.
Any opinions would be appreciated, feel free to ask me any additional questions you feel would help.
By the way, great forum!
DaniRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident poet

Gnu Rider's Choice
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rossignol One. Made in Spain so you'll support local industry too.
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm assuming your Ace is traditional camber? What do you like about your current board and what would you like it to do better? Do you have any experience with different camber profiles? The agent rocker and rossi have two different profiles so that's probably the big decision you will need to make to narrow down your choices.
Brewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Gnu Rider's Choice
I've seen it recommended many times. I had ruled out because it is generally more expensive and almost never discounted, is it worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
Rossignol One. Made in Spain so you'll support local industry too.
Really? I had no idea! I know it's a french company but is there a factory in Spain? I will investigate!
Apart from that, do you consider better option than Agent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtown View Post
I'm assuming your Ace is traditional camber? What do you like about your current board and what would you like it to do better? Do you have any experience with different camber profiles? The agent rocker and rossi have two different profiles so that's probably the big decision you will need to make to narrow down your choices.
Yes, it is a traditional camber. I have very little experience with other boards and never with combos but I'll tried to explain what I'm looking for. What I like most is its stability and have a good edge control. What I would like to improve is the grip on ice, a faster base, quickly and easily turns, less 'catchy'.
which profile should I choose?
Are these two adequate or should I choose another?
I would like to test before buy it but it's complicate.

Thank you very much to all!
DaniRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

YES The Greats!!!!!
Mizu Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Alright well keep in mind traditional camber provides the best stability and edge hold out there (although edge hold can be offset by grip tech like magnetraction). So generally speaking you will be sacrificing those a bit with either profile in exchange for a more catch free/playful/floaty ride. The biggest difference I notice is that hybrid rocker (agent rocker) will have quicker turn initiation but will be significantly less stable when flat basing and lacks the snap out of a carved turn that camber offers. Hybrid camber (Rossi) is kind of like watered down camber, still pretty stable between the feet but not as catchy due to the lifted contact points outside the bindings.

Honestly though, park and powder are where you benefit most from a hybrid profile. If you're not riding either of those and want something super stable to carve up the mountain traditional camber is where it's at. I would look at something like the Slash Atv that also has ultimate traction for max edge hold.
Brewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get a board that has camber between the feet and rocker in the tips. It will still have good edge hold, good and stable at speed but will bring in the contract points on the edges towards your feet a bit making turns slightly easier than your camber board. This is rcr. Rossi boards well be a good option.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniRC View Post
Really? I had no idea! I know it's a french company but is there a factory in Spain? I will investigate!
Apart from that, do you consider better option than Agent?
They changed up the webpage for this season but on the old version you could d/l a product sheet for each product. On those it said e.g. that the One was made in Spain (ES) and the Templar was made in China (CN).

Can't compare it to the Agent because in fact I haven't ridden any of them. I've only tried a Rossi Angus which is somewhat similar to the One but a slightly different flex and no MagneTraction. It was stable and damp - but it was a 164W which is bigger than what I would normally ride (I have a 162 BSOD).

Note that the One is changing up for this year (mellower MT). You might want to try to find a One from any the two previous seasons, which has received very positive reviews from several sources.
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

gnu metal guru. bought mine a year later for just under 300
direride is offline   Reply With Quote