Ride Rx Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
AkrideR

Default Ride Rx Bindings

Looking at getting new bindings anyone used the Ride rx bindings pros and cons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I use the Rx bindings. They are durable and very adjustable. Only con is the ankle straps do not have a lot off padding but I do not have any issues with that myself. They do take a bit of time to adjust when you first set them up but is well worth it. They also have a bit of extra padding on the foot bed which is decent, helps absorb a bit on landings.

Kinda wish the tool less adjustment had a sleeve like the toe strap does to tuck away the excess strap so it was not sticking straight out.

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have last years model, the 08s and they are awesome bindings, i have had no problems with them. They are real high build quality and don't feel like they would ever break. The only con i would say is the first setup. If you have some bigger boots, extending the binding is easy to do, but putting them back together was a nightmare, i had to get creative with pens and a couple c-clamps. the toe ramp is easy, but the heel cup extension sucked to put back together cause it seemed like the holes didn't line up right on one of my bindings (the left i think) and so it was impossibly hard to get the screw back in both of em. The other binding though i had no problem so it may have just been my binding.

Other than that i love these, i just wont take them apart again lol. They have real nice quick and strudy ratchets. Also the ankle strap i gues doesn't have much cushioning, but i never even noticed it. The ankle strap is also very big so it distributes the pressure very nicely, and the binding pretty much dissapears when you ride. Also i love that the toe strap tucks into this sleeve and u can't even see the extra strap.

Super bindings imo. from what i can see and feel in the shop, the 08 and 09 are pretty much the same aside from coloring. The toe strap also is convertable which is nice, but i never use it over the top of my foot, and i think it is better, capping the toes. the strap kinda has a webbing that will comform to any kind of boot. if given the chance i would buy them again. Actually the only think i would do different is not get white and blue colors cause my toe strap got some mud on it and i duno if i can get it out, but i haven't tried yet lol. but this goes for prety much anything that is white.
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote