What should my friend get for a beginner park board-$200-$400 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What should my friend get for a beginner park board-$200-$400

hey guys
i got a bud that wants to start snowboarding and will be hitting up rails and jumps etc..
hes 6 feet tall and is looking for a beginner park board
what size and what board should he get?
thanks guys!
hondarider17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

i'm not gonna recommend any boards, but i will offer some advice. your friend should be learning how to ride before he worries about the park. get him looking at all mountain boards, by the time he's ready for his next board after that he should have enough of the basics down to decide on a park board.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

well why not just buy a park board, learn on that so when hes ready to start hitting stuff he doesnt have to guy buy a new one
hondarider17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider17 View Post
well why not just buy a park board, learn on that so when hes ready to start hitting stuff he doesnt have to guy buy a new one
softer park boards might now be so easy for him to control at first, and an all mtn board is exactly that...more versatile. i see versatility as a good thing for a beginner til he's damn positive he's gonna be a park rider. just a personal opinion though, do whatever you'd like.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
ek3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider17 View Post
hey guys
i got a bud that wants to start snowboarding and will be hitting up rails and jumps etc..
hes 6 feet tall and is looking for a beginner park board
what size and what board should he get?
thanks guys!
You need more info about your friend, especially his weight, which is how you measure for board lengths. Also will need his boot size to make sure he doesn't need a wide board.
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

well just by this post and seeing as you have 13 posts i would say this board is not for your 'bud' but for you and you are too scared to admit it. either or, there is enough information about this topic on this board. spend a day or two searching and you/your 'bud' will find the answer
Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
hawk45

Going to depend on feet size first, weight and then usage. There are lots of boards half off now so good time to buy. Go out to one of the big board store sites and put in your criteria and start looking. Don't get wrapped up in graphics but more so quality and fit. If he has boots size 11 and up you probably want to look at mid-wide/wide boards if not then standard should work. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard

Park boards are soft and should be good for learning on. Is your friend sure he/she wants to be a park rider? If you don't know how to ride you will injure yourself badly in the park.