First Post... right board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
mtkagan

Default First Post... right board?

Whats up guys, this is my first season snowboarding and i love it. Coming from hawaii and going to college out here i needed something to do. Ive been riding maybe about 4 times this season on my friends 151 ride control and i got my carving down and just started to hit kickers and boxes. I live in socal so i will be hitting up mt. high mostly and occasionally bear. Went to sports chalet and saw they were having a 50% off sale so i decided to bite the bullet and buy my own setup. I on a budget so i was stuck between the Rome cheap trick, ride agenda, and ride kink. I read online here and other places about all three and decided to go with the cheap trick 153. Im 5'8" 155lbs. I got some rome 390s to go with it. came out to 270. My question is did i make a good choice for my board setup? i want this to last me at least through next season. any tips or advice would be nice =] thanks guys

Last edited by mtkagan; 03-09-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
mcjsdaddy

What up bro... I ride Mt.High too We might be setting up a meet soon heres the MT.High/Big bear thread http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...summit-mt.html

See you there.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

great choice i have always heard the cheap trick as a throw away board, thus named cheap trick, but 390s you will get a couple seasons out off. the setup you bought is best sutied for park not to say you cant ride out of park it will just be harder.v
Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
mtkagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
great choice i have always heard the cheap trick as a throw away board, thus named cheap trick, but 390s you will get a couple seasons out off. the setup you bought is best sutied for park not to say you cant ride out of park it will just be harder.v
Yeah the two closest places to me are pretty much park and i enjoy kickers and rails and what not. Im just starting to hit my jumps and boxes and i figured this would be a good board for me to get better at jibs and buttering ( looks baddass ). I bought the 390s because i thought once i get alot better and can justify a good park board then i can just swap my bindings over.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

well you are correct in that thinking with the bindings, tif you get into the sport i would look at a better board in upcoming season. the cheap trick is a great board but as stated i always thought it was a throw away board like the artifact.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
mtkagan

how would the cheap trick compare to the the capita scaremaster? i heard the scaremaster is a very durable park board
Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
well you are correct in that thinking with the bindings, tif you get into the sport i would look at a better board in upcoming season. the cheap trick is a great board but as stated i always thought it was a throw away board like the artifact.
Did someone hack dawg catchers account? Shes been consistently posting quality posts lately, its got me very confused.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

one thing i noticed about the cheap trick was that its pretty heavy, so possibly it is durable. i havent heard much about it but im sure rome wouldnt put out a shitty board..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
mtkagan

how about the k2 www? i found them online with the same price and free shipping. hows it compare to the cheap trick. mainly for boxes, rails, butters, small kickers ( anything mt high and snow summit would have)