Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Lib Tech Trice for a Newb? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/144641-lib-tech-trice-newb.html)

Dat Guy 08-21-2014 03:05 AM

Lib Tech Trice for a Newb?

So, I'm a beginner. But I learn fast. You have to if you accidentally blunder onto the wrong lift n go down a blue and black diamond hill on your first go. Cause pretty soon your head starts whining and says it doesn't want to be used to create 4 foot craters anymore. You try to talk sense to it and tell it what a great job its doing on the craters but by now its sulking and won't listen to reason.

Anyways enough on that, I'm looking at buying a board, specifically the Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro. Any opinions on why I should or shouldn't buy it? Or maybe a board that would be better in my situation? Sure, I've only got boarding once, but I got hooked and like I said I learn fast. I can't really afford to be buying new boards every year, so I kinda need one that'll last a couple years and stay up to par with my advancing skills.

I'll mostly be doing groomed slopes at Alyeska Resort, but maybe occasionally hit the park and I'll be doing some powder weekends with friends. Probably. If I don't fall off the mountain and suffer an excruciatingly painful death before then.

Also what size would suit me best? I'm 6' 2", weigh 170 lb and butt-ugly. Shoe-size: 11.

ridinbend 08-21-2014 03:28 AM

97 Attachment(s)
IMO...... the T rice is a hard charging board. Although you think your going to learn fast, pick a board that will help promote quicker learning with good technique, rather than jumping into a board for chargers. If you like Lib, consider the Attack Banana, Lando Phoenix, or TRS. Or just go with the T rice if your dead set.

Dat Guy 08-21-2014 03:37 AM

No, not really set on any particular brand yet. Do see a lot of Burtons around here but....

GreyDragon 08-21-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinbend (Post 1786105)
IMO...... the T rice is a hard charging board. Although you think your going to learn fast, pick a board that will help promote quicker learning with good technique, rather than jumping into a board for chargers. If you like Lib, consider the Attack Banana, Lando Phoenix, or TRS. Or just go with the T rice if your dead set.

Yah, TRice is probably too far above your skill level.
I'd recommend the TRS in a 157.

ItchEtrigR 08-21-2014 07:22 AM

What board you want is gonna be preference, I don't think that board is above your level, more along the lines of it being a bit stiffer than something you would want a weekend warrior on to have a good time. Now if your gonna be committed to doing this and doing it often then why not? if your stoked on a trice then buy yourself one. Other than that I would buy something sized properly, used & cheap just to get yourself snowboarding untill your doing it well enough to know what your gonna want & need.

ekb18c 08-21-2014 07:49 AM

dogfunk has last years trice and trs and most libs on sale right now in their private stash.

With the trice, you just have to get your basics down packed or else it will throw you on your ass. You get lazy on it, it will throw you down to the ground.

davidj 08-21-2014 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat Guy (Post 1786097)

...wrong lift... blah blah blah head... 4 foot craters... 170 lb and butt-ugly...

The heck with all the advice in this thread, there's only one board for you son. Play any musical instruments?

You may get asked if that's your selfie on the topsheet.

I'm butt-ugly too. Just look at my avatar... hehehehe

Dat Guy 08-21-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidj (Post 1786241)
The heck with all the advice in this thread, there's only one board for you son. Play any musical instruments?

You may get asked if that's your selfie on the topsheet.

Wow the resemblance IS uncanny lol jk

BurtonAvenger 08-21-2014 05:06 PM

So you've never really snowboarded and you want a T. Rice and you also need to know how to attach a snowboard to your snowmobile according to your other thread?

I predict imminent death.

Dat Guy 08-21-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 1786753)
I predict imminent death.

In that case I'll be sure and let you know so you can come to my funeral if you want.