Jib board limitations and capabilities - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jib board limitations and capabilities

BLUF: got a short jib board but want advice for upper jump size limits.

I recently got a 152 true twin flat camber board (detuned) for jibbing and took it with me on a trip to australia and it was super fun but I was a bit apprehensive when it came to hitting any jumps bigger than 20 feet. lookin for anyone who rides park to give their thoughts on hitting 45+ footer jumps with a board like that. Additionally I way 190 pounds and so the board is super small in my eyes even as a jib board (usually ride 156 boards for jibbing) {I am also 6'2" so a 152 board looks kinda weird when I ride it but it's so easy to get rotations on and off rails so yeah} any input welcomed.
davidapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get better at jumping and your riding skill will be able to compensate for the smaller deck on bigger jumps.

OR

Get a bigger snowboard.

OR

Land bolts on every single jump.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

you are missing the point. I am able to and did hit the bigger jumps on my standard snowboard (2014 burton process flying V 159) but it was kind of a hastle switching boards whenever I was gonna spend that session hitting bigger jumps. let me rephrase the question. Can the 152 handle a 65 foot money booter or will it not get enough speed to clear the knuckle because of my weight?
Old 08-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidapro View Post
you are missing the point. I am able to and did hit the bigger jumps on my standard snowboard (2014 burton process flying V 159) but it was kind of a hastle switching boards whenever I was gonna spend that session hitting bigger jumps. let me rephrase the question. Can the 152 handle a 65 foot money booter or will it not get enough speed to clear the knuckle because of my weight?
I don't mean to be negative, but if you're capable of hitting 65 foot booters, I don't think you'd be on a forum asking these questions.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Can the 152 handle a 65 foot money booter or will it not get enough speed to clear the knuckle because of my weight?
sure it can, its a snowboard. the only limit is the one you put on it.
Steezus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
you are missing the point.

No, I am not.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I don't mean to be negative, but if you're capable of hitting 65 foot booters, I don't think you'd be on a forum asking these questions.
...or maybe I am just not used to small boards. before this my shortest board was a 157 and that was my jib board... didnt really take that into consideration did you? I usually ride 159 cm and up and as such I didnt want to end up hittin the knuckle on a large feature and messin up my knees so I am just askin for the input of people who are used to riding super short boards. not for tips on how to ride, when I want any tips on doin any tricks I go to my friends but on this they were split. a couple thought it was too short and that the board would end up scrubbin too much speed and a couple thought it would be ok so I decided to ask the masses to figure it out from other people's experience as opposed to goin balls to the walls and ending up slamming the knuckle
Old 08-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Asks for input. Receives input. Proceeds to argue with input.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok I give you that. you gave input. I asked for any input and didn't specify that I didnt want crappy input. that was my bad. thanks for trying tho.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
No, I am not.
ok rephrasing the question. if I were to give you a board that was 7 centimeters shorter than your normal jib board would you be comfortable taking it off of a 65 foot money booter?

Tags
freestyle, jibbing, jumps