Northwave N Boot hurting ankle - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
rihardslol

Default Northwave N Boot hurting ankle

Hi, I bought northwave n boots this year. I can't remember when and how it happened, I don't remember having serious injuries but somewhere near my left foot's ankle it started hurting really bad if I ride more than 3 hours. Now it's a bit better, maybe it's because I'm wearing a bandage but I hope it's starting to heal, but it still hurts. Every time I come home I have problems walking, the next day it's a bit better but I can't move my left foot to the right side while standing, because something down my ankle starts hurting really bad although I can walk almost without problems. It's not that painful while sitting. I went to doctor, he did x-ray and said that it's nothing serious, but I have few little cracks, I believe they are stress fractures. He said I don't need a plaster, but I need to have a rest for 2 weeks. I had my 2 weeks before the doctor, when it was already hurting for a month, so I had a week off. I'm really worried that will I be able to skate. I did a few ollies, shovits, nollies at home and it didn't hurt, but when I step back into the boot, ride for 3 hours it's starts hurting really bad again. For me it's a problem because I'm planning a trip to France to a snowboard camp, and I'm worried that I will be not able to do anything after snowboarding. What should I do?
Sorry if I had some mistakes, I'm from Europe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
CapitaBoy

Dude if you have stress fractures you need to rest and heal that foot. I cant believe you posted this whole thing like you are looking for some magical answer. You have a busted ass foot/ankle and it doesn't sound like skating and snowboarding is going to help you get back to 100%. Take it easy for a few months.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
rihardslol

Yeah, I know. But so much is happening in the upcoming weeks and I have the feeling I can't miss anything. I think I will suffer 2 days and than I will slow down. I was looking for answers like how much weeks should I rest or maybe someone else had problems with these boots or how to heal faster or what to use.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
CapitaBoy

You are wrapping the ankle before riding correct? I would say if you must ride, wrap it and tie up tight. Dont over do anything. Jumps might be out of the question due to your fractures and making those hairline-cracks any worse. I would rest for well over a month or 2 if I was you. Sorry about your luck. Did your injury come from snowboarding?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
rihardslol

I had Ride boots at the start of the season, they were too small so I bought nothwaves, I blamed the new boots at the start but friends said it couldn't be from the boots . I can't remember any inuries, I remember one time when I landen flat, the kicker wasn't the smallest, it didn't hurt that bad but I kinda felt the impact. I think that was that unlucky fall. Yes I wrap my ankle every time since I went to doctor, even when going to school. I have the feeling sometimes "This will never stop hurting", I think it would be better with the plaster because than I couldn't ride and I would be 100% sure that it will heal