Is this a good board for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowdog

Default Is this a good board for me?

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 205 lbs
Boot size: 11, though it has packed out and am wondering if I should be in a 10.5

Currently have a Bataleon Jam 161. Love the board. But am looking into riding a board with more flex and riding in the park. After reading numerous reviews on this forum, angrysnowboarder, shayboarder, etc I have am looking into picking up a NS evo-r.

1) size 155 or 158? Will a 155 be too short outside the park? What can I expect with these boards outside of the park?
2) should I be looking into a revolver-r?
3) I thought park boards should have more flex, why is it stiffer than the NS sl-r?
4) Can you guys convince me to look into something else? The board will have to on sale and looking for a true twin.

Another Bataleon would be nice but want to try something else. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

1) you could probably go with either depending on your preferences. i prerer shorter boards so if i were in your shoes i would go for the 155. i have heard that evos handle well out of the park.

2) the evo r 155 has a rather small waist width imo, the revolver 156 has too wide of a waist width at 26.1. i ride a 152w with a 25.7 waist and it centers my 10.5 perfectly in the middle of the board with a quarter inch of overhand on each side.

3) i think the evo r is softer then the slr?

4) i would look into something like a rome agent, capita mid life lost or indoor survival, or there a various lib techs that fit the description and get great reviews..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

revolver 156 is fine because of the way the sidecut is shaped

neversummer's flex scale is fucked up

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
snowdog

thanks for the info.

According to their website they have evor-r flex 6 and sl-r 5. Didn't realize till now that the evo-r is a twin tip but directional.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brennan

1. go with the 158 because that is a good size for you but the 155 would be easier to handle
2. no don't go with the revolver i hear bad things plus the evo is better
3.well having a nice soft flex will really help you on the rails and help you hook on to them and stick the landin
4.i would suggest u look in the the Rome machine it is a good board for your size and it is soft and it is suppose to be a really good jib board also maby look in to the Burton fix i have done lots of research on these boards because i plan on buying one of them i think these boards would work very well with you and they are both better then the evo.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
1. go with the 158 because that is a good size for you but the 155 would be easier to handle
2. no don't go with the revolver i hear bad things plus the evo is better
3.well having a nice soft flex will really help you on the rails and help you hook on to them and stick the landin
4.i would suggest u look in the the Rome machine it is a good board for your size and it is soft and it is suppose to be a really good jib board also maby look in to the Burton fix i have done lots of research on these boards because i plan on buying one of them i think these boards would work very well with you and they are both better then the evo.
1 you suck
2 evo is the same board as the revolver
3 what?
4 i have no experience with the evo, the machine, or the fix. the machine im sure is great, the evo is possibly the most discussed/loved board on this forum, and the fix gets horrible reviews, and burtons scoop tips are horrendous copies of TBT. i have honestly never heard a bad thing about the neversummer, and have heard about 50/50 good to bad reviews on the fix.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
snowdog

thanks for the suggestions.
Was going to pull the trigger on a revolver until I discovered I had to pay shipping on sale items.
Now also looking into the Capita boards. Found a pretty good deal on the mid life lost.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
thanks for the suggestions.
Was going to pull the trigger on a revolver until I discovered I had to pay shipping on sale items.
Now also looking into the Capita boards. Found a pretty good deal on the mid life lost.
nice hop on it, i have heard great things about it.