New All mountain board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New All mountain board

Hello, I pretend to buy a new board but I am very undecided between Never Summer Legacy and Never Summer Heritage X.
It will be my second snowboard and it will be my first Never Summer.
I didn't Knew Never Summer, while I was reading about snowboards I read so many good things about this boards that I decided to try.
My actual board is a Nitro Prime Taped from 2010 that served me well, I learned with it, however I think it's time to try a new one.
I have no problems doing steep runs I just need to adjust my speed during the turns, I am really trying to improve my switch ride in order to feel more confortable cruising all the mountain at high speeds and on various types of terrain. I already make my first jumps (on straight kickers, I can't rotate yet). The park is not my main objective. But I like to make a visit if I pass near one to try some passages on small kickers (0.5 meters more less) and try some simple straight boxes too. Rails and big jumps are not my intentions.
My main objectives are to cruise all around the mountain at high speed when the conditions allow it (I put my safety always first), I like to ride some powder when available and also like to do some freeride between the trees. I would like to have a board that provide me speed and stability when going on normal steep runs, flat terrain and on moguls terrain, also that provide me good stability when carving (I like to carve on groomed terrain) I want a board that provide at least some minimum security, holding the edge on steep Icy terrain (sometimes this terrain appears on our path and we have to run it). These are my main objectives High Speed and security/stability.
However if possible I would like to have a board that also allow me to perform some new tricks that I am just start practicing like nose and tail press and flat tricks (180/360) But these are my secondary objective and I am not confortable with them yet when I am trying to perform them. If possible I would like to have a board that beyond my main objectives also allow me to continue the practice of this.
From what I have read I have seen the Legacy and the Heritage X and I am very undecided, but if your opinion is different I would like to read it.
I am 1.82 meters tall my weight is 74kg and I have a pair of k2 Thraxis size 11.5 US bought last year.
Sorry for my bad english and the long "testament"
Best Regards
kaipirinha81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

The heritage could fit what you are looking for. My buddy has a 2013 heritage, he rides fast and likes to make big arcing high speed carves. He also plays around on natural feautures, popping off of stuff on the side of trails and hitting jumps. He loves the board. What size would you be looking at? You may not need the x which is a wide board. I find that with my 11.5 burton drivers i can ride boards that aren't wide.
taco tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

With an 11.5 boot you could probably fit to a waist width as low as 254 waist width, or maybe even lower. I have a 12 boot and I fit on a 256 waist width on moderate steep runs. (The lowest never summer legacy is 261 waist width)

I have the never summer legacy and really liked it in tree runs. It exceeded my expectations on small/medium jumps and I only have used it on small straight rails. I haven't tried r/c/r but you will feel more locked in with that
Bertieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

My boot size is 11.5 US it measures 29.5 cm on the inside and 33cm on the outside, the model of the boot is K2 Thraxis Triple Boa. My actual board is a Nitro Prime taped 159 wide that has 27 cm waist width and I think is good for my boot. I used to use it with raiden strike bindings size Large and it fits realy snug to the bindings.
I use 15 in front binding and -05 in back binding. I also have the option to choose the Heritage non wide board but I think the wide would be more adequate are there any disadvantage on use a wide board. I am looking for 159 board. My weight is 74kg and I am 1.82 meters tall.

And regarding this board to ride switch? I am very unconfortable when riding switch but I really want to improve this and I expect that the board does not difficult too much my natural difficulties when riding switch.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

I rode both on a demo day last year and chose the heritage over the Legacy.

The Legacy felt a bit squirrelly and wasn't as stable on the carves as the heritage was.

The ride on the heritage was just much smoother and stable.

I did like the Premier F1 also but the true twin was the kicker.
Stony Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hello again I already took my decision it will be the Heritage . The doubt is if I choose the Heritage X 159 or the Heritage 160 I am limited to this sizes.
My Height is 1.82meter, weight 74kg and Boots K2 Thraxis size 11.5 US.
I also would like to hear some opinions for a good pair of bindings for this setup can I talk about bindings here or should I open another topic on the Bindings section.
Best regards