old man-Will too wide a waist of the board hurt or help me? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseld View Post
but what are mag and c2btx?
LOL (not cos you did ask the question but cos I have not the slightest clue, what it actually stands for) It's a particular good question. It's how GNU choose to call their shape to make a already complicated thing even more nontransparent... to get an overview on shapes, read this: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

To get an overview on board brands and models look here:The Good Ride - A Snowboard Gear Buying Guide
! Only use that site to get an overview. The reviews are no good...

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseld View Post
What's a twin imply?

I'll ask about this. I assume a Gnu Rider is a brand but what are mag and c2btx?
A twin is a snowboard that is the same shape forward as backward...some have setback in the stance (directional twin) and others are completely symmetrical (true twin).

GNU is a brand. The board he recommended is Riders Choice. Two of the features of the board are Magnatraction (wavy edges to provide better edge hold on hardpack and ice) and C2BTX (board shape: camber, rocker, camber).
d2cycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your stats, including age are pretty much the same as mine. I ended getting a gnu carbon credit instead of the riders choice as I think it's perhaps a little easier for learning. I know some will say step up to the better board, it will let you progress faster. But we're in our 40s and unlike bumbles, we don't bounce any more.
f00bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
LOL (not cos you did ask the question but cos I have not the slightest clue, what it actually stands for) It's a particular good question. It's how GNU choose to call their shape to make a already complicated thing even more nontransparent... to get an overview on shapes, read this: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

To get an overview on board brands and models look here:The Good Ride - A Snowboard Gear Buying Guide
! Only use that site to get an overview. The reviews are no good...
I think it goes somethin like C2 is Camber times 2 Sections, Nose/Tail, and BTX is Banana Technology Cross?????

Or somethin close to that!!!!!

Mervin have a good time makin this stuff up I reckon!!!!!
Mizu Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Check out this link. It will answer most of your basic NooB questions and then some;

"Ippy's Guide"

Then there's this link to Wiredsports "Fit Guides!" These two links will keep you busy for a while, but the info is priceless for learning basic and more advanced snowboard and gear information.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Check out this link. It will answer most of your basic NooB questions and then some;

"Ippy's Guide"

Then there's this link to Wiredsports "Fit Guides!" These two links will keep you busy for a while, but the info is priceless for learning basic and more advanced snowboard and gear information.
Uncle Chomps...reference librarian get well soon!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm 39 and I joke Im getting old b/c most people think Im nuts trying to board or ski at this age. But I got carded on the day before my 39th bday

Been skiing once and my instructor was a 70ush retired teacher.
took snowboard lessons last year and my instructor was 50+

I truly appreciate the time and the links. I'm gonna stop by the place now and just look at what else they have. then come home and read the links above and hope to pull the trigger on something this weekend. But I'll stop thinking about the wide board.

Oh one last thing....Morrow....consider or skip?
dieseld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

^ Most people here are probably going to tell you Morrow is garbage.

In my opinion, It's not too bad. I think of Morrow as the same way I think of Little Ceasar's pizza. In a pinch, it'll do, and it's cheap. However, for the money you'll be spending, there are so many better options available for you if you just take the time to look.
Maierapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

No to Morrow, yes to carbon credit. It's a cheap and good beginner board. Or an entry level rossignol (I don't buy that beginners want banana/rocker, but most seem to disagree)

Side note, it's amusing how this guy asking about a wide board gets a "not no but hell no" response, but the small feet guys get told there is no difference

Last edited by jtg; 08-27-2014 at 07:38 PM.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
the small feet guys get told there is no difference
I haven't poked my nose in that thread, but I'm guessing one person is standing by their claim it doesn't make a difference? That just doesn't sound right.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote