Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Buying ANOTHER board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/145050-buying-another-board.html)

Rotcoddam411 08-27-2014 11:31 PM

Buying ANOTHER board?

So I usually use my NS Evo as my one board quiver, but this season we are looking to hike into the whis backcountry and do some day trips, I was wondering weather you guys think it would be worth buying a separate board for this kinda stuff, I personally don't think the Evo could handle the deep stuff. Any good (I would prefer not directional) powder board? thanks

thanks for the help

EDIT #1: I wouldn't mind a directional powder board on second thought :)).

EDIT# 2: By hiking into the backcountry I mean, being in the backcountry, building big jumps, hucking off of them, and landing in deep pow, not charging down big mountains... sorry for not clarifying. Although we might travel further out eventually to explore.

snowklinger 08-27-2014 11:37 PM

ultradream:thumbsup:

linvillegorge 08-27-2014 11:41 PM

I used to ride an Evo all over the mountain, but if you're really trying to get after the steep and deep, a better suited board would certainly help. Steep and deep is not where the Evo thrives.

Non-directional powder board? Yeah... no.

Rotcoddam411 08-27-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1793362)
I used to ride an Evo all over the mountain, but if you're really trying to get after the steep and deep, a better suited board would certainly help. Steep and deep is not where the Evo thrives.

Non-directional powder board? Yeah... no.

Don't know if you saw edit

linvillegorge 08-28-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotcoddam411 (Post 1793338)
EDIT# 2: By hiking into the backcountry I mean, being in the backcountry, building jumps, and landing in deep pow, not charging down big mountains... sorry for not clarifying

If that's all you're trying to do, I'm honestly not sure if it warrants buying a new board.

Stay out of avalanche terrain and don't die.

Nivek 08-28-2014 12:22 AM

Ah hell, buy more shit.

Burton Trick Pony, K2 Happy Hour, Flow Rush, Salomon Assassin, Yes Basic, Slash Happy Place, DC Mega, Nitro Rook, Rome Mod Rocker, or a Bataleon ET.

linvillegorge 08-28-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 1793410)
Ah hell, buy more shit.

Burton Trick Pony, K2 Happy Hour, Flow Rush, Salomon Assassin, Yes Basic, Slash Happy Place, DC Mega, Nitro Rook, Rome Mod Rocker, or a Bataleon ET.

LOL! Yeah, go for it. Maybe it'll open up your eyes. You have all the amazing terrain that Whistler has to offer and you just wanna get off the groomers to build a jump? :dizzy:

ridinbend 08-28-2014 12:25 AM

97 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1793402)
If that's all you're trying to do, I'm honestly not sure if it warrants buying a new board.

Stay out of avalanche terrain and don't die.

I don't know about you, but any reason to buy another board is a good reason to me.

Salomon Assassin? Burton landlord/flight attendant? Ride berzerker?

Rotcoddam411 08-28-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1793418)
LOL! Yeah, go for it. Maybe it'll open up your eyes. You have all the amazing terrain that Whistler has to offer and you just wanna get off the groomers to build a jump? :dizzy:

I know! Sound wack :blink:.

We might venture more out eventually, but right now we just don't have the proper resources