Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Craig Kelly Mystery Air (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/145250-craig-kelly-mystery-air.html)

pzimm373 08-30-2014 10:26 AM

Craig Kelly Mystery Air

I came across a friend of mine selling their 1990 Burton Craig Kelly Mystery Air. They didn't quit know what they had so I bought it for $50. My understanding is this board is worth a bit of money. I'm wondering if I should sell it, or keep it as a keepsake, considering Kelly was one of the first riders to sign with Burton. Suggestions or Comments?

jwelsh83 08-30-2014 10:55 AM

That's pretty cool, nice find! Is it still in decent condition? I would most definitely hold onto it unless you're hard up for dough, and with that, I wouldn't even know how much it would be worth. It was named as one of the most iconic snowboards of all time...I'd hold onto it if it was me...

killclimbz 08-30-2014 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think those boards in decent condition go for somewhere near $1k. You can find Craig Kelly Air boards selling for $300 but this is a rarer find. If you do sell it for money, you should probably let your friend in on it. You definitely took advantage of him. If he doesn't care then fine, but I know if I found out about someone taking advantage of me like that, they would not be my friend anymore.

Then again, maybe this is a friend you don't need...

killclimbz 08-30-2014 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It may not go for near $1k after looking around. I would say that $500 is not out of the question though.

Tatanka Head 08-30-2014 12:09 PM

Nice find. If you collect boards then keep it. If not, you can stoke someone who is.

Kind of coincidental, today I saw a Cruzer 165 drilled through and bolted to clothing rack in a sporting goods store. I might have to go back and try to save it. The shittiest part about it was that the board was still in fair condition. Just needed some tlc.

COtoUT 08-30-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatanka Head (Post 1795738)
Nice find. If you collect boards then keep it. If not, you can stoke someone who is.

Kind of coincidental, today I saw a Cruzer 165 drilled through and bolted to clothing rack in a sporting goods store. I might have to go back and try to save it. The shittiest part about it was that the board was still in fair condition. Just needed some tlc.

Don't buy the Cruzer that's T-bolted. Those are all over eBay (vintage snowboards) in good condition for relatively cheap. The 88' is what you want, although they are in their infancy when it comes to collector-demand (this will change, obviously, over time).

pzimm373 08-30-2014 04:28 PM

Thanks everyone, I will probably hold on to it. When I first saw the photos of the board, I was completely shocked. I was super excited about it, if anyone has any ideas where I can buy the original bindings that would be great. Just let me know if you find anything.

ShredLife 08-30-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzimm373 (Post 1795874)
Thanks everyone, I will probably hold on to it. When I first saw the photos of the board, I was completely shocked. I was super excited about it, if anyone has any ideas where I can buy the original bindings that would be great. Just let me know if you find anything.

look out for timmytard on here. resident vintage geek

COtoUT 08-30-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzimm373 (Post 1795874)

Besides eBay. These guys are solid:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/vinta...78176695592021

neni 08-30-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzimm373 (Post 1795634)
I came across a friend of mine selling their 1990 Burton Craig Kelly Mystery Air. They didn't quit know what they had so I bought it for $50.

Interesting type of friend you are :mellow: