Craig Kelly Mystery Air - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Craig Kelly Mystery Air

I came across a friend of mine selling their 1990 Burton Craig Kelly Mystery Air. They didn't quit know what they had so I bought it for $50. My understanding is this board is worth a bit of money. I'm wondering if I should sell it, or keep it as a keepsake, considering Kelly was one of the first riders to sign with Burton. Suggestions or Comments?
pzimm373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That's pretty cool, nice find! Is it still in decent condition? I would most definitely hold onto it unless you're hard up for dough, and with that, I wouldn't even know how much it would be worth. It was named as one of the most iconic snowboards of all time...I'd hold onto it if it was me...
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think those boards in decent condition go for somewhere near $1k. You can find Craig Kelly Air boards selling for $300 but this is a rarer find. If you do sell it for money, you should probably let your friend in on it. You definitely took advantage of him. If he doesn't care then fine, but I know if I found out about someone taking advantage of me like that, they would not be my friend anymore.

Then again, maybe this is a friend you don't need...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It may not go for near $1k after looking around. I would say that $500 is not out of the question though.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nice find. If you collect boards then keep it. If not, you can stoke someone who is.

Kind of coincidental, today I saw a Cruzer 165 drilled through and bolted to clothing rack in a sporting goods store. I might have to go back and try to save it. The shittiest part about it was that the board was still in fair condition. Just needed some tlc.
Tatanka Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka Head View Post
Nice find. If you collect boards then keep it. If not, you can stoke someone who is.

Kind of coincidental, today I saw a Cruzer 165 drilled through and bolted to clothing rack in a sporting goods store. I might have to go back and try to save it. The shittiest part about it was that the board was still in fair condition. Just needed some tlc.
Don't buy the Cruzer that's T-bolted. Those are all over eBay (vintage snowboards) in good condition for relatively cheap. The 88' is what you want, although they are in their infancy when it comes to collector-demand (this will change, obviously, over time).
COtoUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, I will probably hold on to it. When I first saw the photos of the board, I was completely shocked. I was super excited about it, if anyone has any ideas where I can buy the original bindings that would be great. Just let me know if you find anything.
pzimm373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzimm373 View Post
Thanks everyone, I will probably hold on to it. When I first saw the photos of the board, I was completely shocked. I was super excited about it, if anyone has any ideas where I can buy the original bindings that would be great. Just let me know if you find anything.
look out for timmytard on here. resident vintage geek
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Besides eBay. These guys are solid:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/vinta...78176695592021
COtoUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
I came across a friend of mine selling their 1990 Burton Craig Kelly Mystery Air. They didn't quit know what they had so I bought it for $50.
Interesting type of friend you are

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote