Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   New board, for all mountain AND park? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/145282-new-board-all-mountain-park.html)

JPOW 08-30-2014 07:41 PM

New board, for all mountain AND park?

Hey all,
So I've been riding park boards the past 4 years (Evo, Youngblood DD), and this year I wanna do more All Mountain/pow runs/tree runs, but also Park. I've found some great All Mountain boards, and also some Park boards, but are there some that are great for All Mountain and also great for Park riding?
I don't know much about the technology of boards so I'm not sure on what to look for. Basically a good board that will be great for the whole mountain and spending the day in the park. About 50%/50%.
I live in MN but will be going out to Utah a lot, and don't feel like bringing my Forum Youngblood Park board out there, (shitty for all mountain).

I've read that the NS Proto is good, maybe the Revolver? I will need a wide board, size 13 boot.

Any information is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jordan

Rotcoddam411 08-30-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPOW (Post 1796218)
Hey all,
So I've been riding park boards the past 4 years (Evo, Youngblood DD), and this year I wanna do more All Mountain/pow runs/tree runs, but also Park. I've found some great All Mountain boards, and also some Park boards, but are there some that are great for All Mountain and also great for Park riding?
I don't know much about the technology of boards so I'm not sure on what to look for. Basically a good board that will be great for the whole mountain and spending the day in the park. About 50%/50%.
I live in MN but will be going out to Utah a lot, and don't feel like bringing my Forum Youngblood Park board out there, (shitty for all mountain).

I've read that the NS Proto is good, maybe the Revolver? I will need a wide board, size 13 boot.

Any information is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jordan

The Revolver IS the Evo. Proto is still pretty soft, all mountain freestyle.
The Heritage is more AM, Salamon Assassin. ext

kosmoz 08-31-2014 12:53 AM

Salomon Assasin, Capita DOA, K2 Happy hour etc.

kosmoz 08-31-2014 12:54 AM

Forgot the k2 turbo dream

Nivek 08-31-2014 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Flow Era or Whiteout, K2 Happy Hour, Burton Custom FV Twin, DC Mega, Slash Happy Place, Yes Basic, or a Salomon Time Machine.

Steezus Christ 08-31-2014 07:04 PM

not sure how the DOA and Happy Hour will hold up with size 13 hooves. try the ride machete or buck up as they come in wide sizes.

Justin 09-01-2014 12:12 AM

throw the blacklist/westmark wide on your... list too. Machete isn't a bad choice either.

snowklinger 09-01-2014 03:27 AM

you already said it, but a wide proto would not go amiss.

Pkinsp 09-04-2014 12:53 AM

Check out Salomon Sabotage

Maierapril 09-04-2014 09:34 AM

I'll chime in with my 2 cents:

K2 Happy Hour / Slash ATV / Rossignol Jibsaw