Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Arbor Coda or NS snowtrooper (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/145306-arbor-coda-ns-snowtrooper.html)

Cmac_spartan 08-31-2014 11:12 AM

Arbor Coda or NS snowtrooper

I am an all mountain rider (my home mountain is Snowshoe WV and I spend a lot of time in the backcountry) I need a board that can handle all elements of the mountain from icy days to deep powder and backcoutry to carving to park. Which board should I get and if you have any other boards to look at that would be awesome as well. Thanks!

Mammoth Lifty 08-31-2014 11:56 AM

My friend has a 2011 165 coda and he only rides it on powder days because its a boat. Anything with a flat camber or an R/C/R camber should work pretty well for what you want to do

Also what I recommend you doing is to start building a quiver. If you already have a board keep using that one as your everyday rider and maybe look into getting a park or pow specific board. then when you can get the next board you would like to have.
I started building a quiver 2 years ago. I started with a 156 gnu spacecase for my everyday all mountain-ish. I then picked up a 152 rome garage rocker for hot lap park days. I'll be picking up a dedicated pow board this fall.

francium 08-31-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mammoth Lifty (Post 1796818)
My friend has a 2011 165 coda and he only rides it on powder days because its a boat. Anything with a flat camber or an R/C/R camber should work pretty well for what you want to do

Also what I recommend you doing is to start building a quiver. If you already have a board keep using that one as your everyday rider and maybe look into getting a park or pow specific board. then when you can get the next board you would like to have.
I started building a quiver 2 years ago. I started with a 156 gnu spacecase for my everyday all mountain-ish. I then picked up a 152 rome garage rocker for hot lap park days. I'll be picking up a dedicated pow board this fall.

Haha building a quiver is like a crack habit, addictive and expensive. :hooked:

Wiredsport 09-02-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmac_spartan (Post 1796770)
I am an all mountain rider (my home mountain is Snowshoe WV and I spend a lot of time in the backcountry) I need a board that can handle all elements of the mountain from icy days to deep powder and backcoutry to carving to park. Which board should I get and if you have any other boards to look at that would be awesome as well. Thanks!

Hi Cmac,

Speaking for the Coda only: it is designed for exactly your use and holds in surprisingly well on hardpack and ice. Not a park board but you can sure take some laps. Very biased as a dealer but this one deserves its rep at the top of the heap. 2015's will arrive in the next 2 weeks.

CK1000 09-02-2014 04:15 PM

I just picked up a Snowtrooper, and though I haven't ridden it yet, I can already tell I'm going to like it better then the Legacy I rode last year (which I loved). The newer shape makes the tips (and whole board really) feel a lot lighter, and the flex has more spring in it (it's their EXRC this year vs. their RC). I dig the mix of playful (for the park and general cruising around) with still being able to hold an edge that the SL/Legacy boards had, the Snowtrooper just seems like it's going to be even better.

Nivek 09-02-2014 07:23 PM

Coda no question. Flat out better board.

70'sskater 09-04-2014 11:14 PM

Nivek, just curious have you ridden the Snowtrooper? If so can you elaborate? Thanks