Arbor Coda or NS snowtrooper - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor Coda or NS snowtrooper

I am an all mountain rider (my home mountain is Snowshoe WV and I spend a lot of time in the backcountry) I need a board that can handle all elements of the mountain from icy days to deep powder and backcoutry to carving to park. Which board should I get and if you have any other boards to look at that would be awesome as well. Thanks!
Cmac_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

My friend has a 2011 165 coda and he only rides it on powder days because its a boat. Anything with a flat camber or an R/C/R camber should work pretty well for what you want to do

Also what I recommend you doing is to start building a quiver. If you already have a board keep using that one as your everyday rider and maybe look into getting a park or pow specific board. then when you can get the next board you would like to have.
I started building a quiver 2 years ago. I started with a 156 gnu spacecase for my everyday all mountain-ish. I then picked up a 152 rome garage rocker for hot lap park days. I'll be picking up a dedicated pow board this fall.

Last edited by Mammoth Lifty; 08-31-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Mammoth Lifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth Lifty View Post
My friend has a 2011 165 coda and he only rides it on powder days because its a boat. Anything with a flat camber or an R/C/R camber should work pretty well for what you want to do

Also what I recommend you doing is to start building a quiver. If you already have a board keep using that one as your everyday rider and maybe look into getting a park or pow specific board. then when you can get the next board you would like to have.
I started building a quiver 2 years ago. I started with a 156 gnu spacecase for my everyday all mountain-ish. I then picked up a 152 rome garage rocker for hot lap park days. I'll be picking up a dedicated pow board this fall.
Haha building a quiver is like a crack habit, addictive and expensive.
francium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac_spartan View Post
I am an all mountain rider (my home mountain is Snowshoe WV and I spend a lot of time in the backcountry) I need a board that can handle all elements of the mountain from icy days to deep powder and backcoutry to carving to park. Which board should I get and if you have any other boards to look at that would be awesome as well. Thanks!
Hi Cmac,

Speaking for the Coda only: it is designed for exactly your use and holds in surprisingly well on hardpack and ice. Not a park board but you can sure take some laps. Very biased as a dealer but this one deserves its rep at the top of the heap. 2015's will arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 09-02-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just picked up a Snowtrooper, and though I haven't ridden it yet, I can already tell I'm going to like it better then the Legacy I rode last year (which I loved). The newer shape makes the tips (and whole board really) feel a lot lighter, and the flex has more spring in it (it's their EXRC this year vs. their RC). I dig the mix of playful (for the park and general cruising around) with still being able to hold an edge that the SL/Legacy boards had, the Snowtrooper just seems like it's going to be even better.
CK1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Coda no question. Flat out better board.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nivek, just curious have you ridden the Snowtrooper? If so can you elaborate? Thanks
70'sskater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arbor, coda, never summer, snowtrooper