Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Board choice true twin all mountain HELP! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/145506-board-choice-true-twin-all-mountain.html)

rscott22 09-02-2014 06:29 PM

Board choice true twin all mountain HELP!

Hey guys need help with another board decision I'll start by giving info on me. I'm 5'10 and 175-180lbs I currently own a 2011 Lib Tech Skate banana 154 and 2012 NS eVo 154. I only ride in the northeast resorts most commonly I ride are Ski Liberty, PA - Seven Springs, PA - Killington, VT - Big Boulder, PA

Now here is what I am looking for, I have 2 quite soft boards and they have taught me a lot. I am looking for more of an all mountain board that will do well on the ice slopes of the east, but still a true twin board. I want something I can pick a little more speed with (my current boards feel a little unstable when I'm bombing a hill at Killington or seven springs). Here is what I had in mind (I'm not an narrow minded person so I'm open to anything these are just what I have thought about as far!)

NS Proto HD 154
NS Ripsaw
Smokin Awesymmetrical
Smokin Super Park

Please feel free to to send me some boards I may never have thought of! I only ask one thing, please give a reason why the board is better or works well... I hate when read someone's says "I read that" or "my friend kills it on so and so board so it's the best" etc.

Thanks!
Ryan

Nivek 09-02-2014 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How do you feel about the grip with your Evo?

linvillegorge 09-02-2014 07:48 PM

I've owned both and honestly prefer the Evo > Proto for all-mountain riding.

Cmac_spartan 09-02-2014 08:06 PM

The NS snow trooper absolutely destroys everything, except for maybe really technics rails but that might have been just my jibbing skills. Im not sure if its true twin but it still rides great switch.

rscott22 09-02-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmac_spartan (Post 94106)
The NS snow trooper absolutely destroys everything, except for maybe really technics rails but that might have been just my jibbing skills. Im not sure if its true twin but it still rides great switch.

What is the main difference then say a rip saw or Proto?

linvillegorge 09-02-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmac_spartan (Post 1799154)

Wait, what? Didn't you just make a thread debating whether or not you should get the Snowtrooper or the Arbor Coda? :shrug:

rscott22 09-02-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 10342)
I've owned both and honestly prefer the Evo > Proto for all-mountain riding.

Why did you prefer the EVO over the proto?

linvillegorge 09-02-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscott22 (Post 1799178)
Why did you prefer the EVO over the proto?

I just thought it was more fun. I didn't find the Proto to be any more stable for bombing or have any better edge hold, but the stiffer flex made it less fun for me. I've owned a lot of NS boards. Evo, Proto, Cobra, Heritage, etc. The Evo is the only one I regret getting rid of.

Nivek 09-02-2014 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Based on you looking at more NS I'll ignore you ignoring my question and just assume they have enough grip for you.

Flow Rush is going to be stiffer and one of the most fun twins I've bombed on. Solid, responsive, responsive, and snappy. The 5 radial sidecut grips very well, better than Vario in my experience.

Another is the K2 Happy Hour. Lifted tech with their hyper progressive sidecut is all the grip you will need as long as you know how to use your edges. This is what I'll be riding this year as my do anything board.

Salomon Assassin is softer than the other two and totally park able but more stable at high speed than either the Nana or Evo. The camber profile coupled with EquaRad does a great job gripping hard pack as well.

Slash Happy Place. Generally camrock has a lot of grip as the faux contact pt is also where your body weight is on the board. This was possibly the best balance between playfulness and stability I've ever ridden.

Mizu Kuma 09-02-2014 09:09 PM

Look at a RCR or purely Cambered Board!!!!!

Much more of a solid ride/feel than a CRC Profile, I reckon!!!!!

Slash Happy Place (as Nivek suggested), Yes greats are two good examples!!!!!