getting stronger for snowboarding! and other questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lynch[425]

Default getting stronger for snowboarding! and other questions

last year was my first time snowboarding, I only went about 3 days but I found a new love in it, and would like to get more hardcore about it this year.

I have very weak legs/knees and after about 2 or 3 hours I had to stop. my knees hurt so bad it was a good 1-2 hours before I could even go back out again! it was terrible just sitting at the lodge wishing I could go again haha!

Im wondering what the best work outs would be related to snowboarding!

secondly I never got use to the lifts at all! I was very nervous everytime and I think maybe twice I did get off very cleanly so tips on this would rule!

thirdly! if anyone from washington or even oregon is willing to help me, or go with me sometime this winter it would be more appreciated then anything!! I will gladly smoke you out, possibly trade guitar and bass lessons with you(I have been playing for almost 10 years), or hook you up with free merch if you enjoy my band!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

there is another thread very similar to this just a few down, Working out or something along those lines...check it out

Here it is http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...ape-stuff.html
sevenvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lynch[425]

thanks alot!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
sheldon

what are some good excercises i particular to strengthen the knees, i think this is more relevant to what this poster said thats why i put it in this thread.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Leg extensions, squats, and leg curls im not a professional trainer or antying, but thats what i do for my knees
sevenvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
crustyjuggler

Make sure and not do to much heavy weight training. My cousin and brother are personal trainers and I actually have had them write me up a few specific training plans. Make sure and do plenty of cardio (run, run ..then run some more) I went up two years ago thinking I was hot sh*t cause I was squating 400 lbs. etc. I bragged about it to my buddy then proceded to get leg cramps from hell about mid-day. I could squat a house, but couldn't run a 1/2 mile without puking up a lung.

Also realize that the first few days of hard riding are always going to be tough. Snowboarding uses such unique movements, its hard to train for.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lynch[425]

basically this was focused towards my knees. I go out and ride on flats and hills on my bike for half an hour to an hour and my knees are so tired and swore after that. Im not sure if its an extreme lack of physical work out or I have a problem.

im deathly scared to go to a doctor and have him say "simply put nathan you have old man knees and there all fucked up. snowboarding biking and any other stress on your knees will never do anything but make them worse. have a fun life"