Sierra Stunt 155 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sierra Stunt 155

New to the forum sorry if this is in the incorrect section. Just picked up a sierra stunt 155 the other day. I am looking to buy the Burton Malitiva bindings, I wear a size 11 boot. the main question that I had is this born is known as semi-wide - now i cant find any measurements online about the exact dimensions.... would a size Large Malitiva fit correctly on the board. I just wanted to make sure nothing would be hanging off or anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
custom2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Binding overhang is not the issue for board width, it's boot overhang. Your boot should always extend beyond the binding.

But a size 11 boot will be fine on it too since I'm sure that would be your next question.
lab49232 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I found some info off google and the waist width of your board is 252. As lab said your going to have binding overhang and unless your carving real hard you shouldn't have any toe drag. If you get some boot drag angle out your bindings more to a "duck stance" and that should fix your issue.
Simon Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Perfect thanks helps a lot. So from your knowledge Burton Malativa Bindings should be all good? Also I know my boots said when i bought them they are 11 but really have length of normal 10.5 so that should hopefully help out with some possible drag
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2131 View Post
Perfect thanks helps a lot. So from your knowledge Burton Malativa Bindings should be all good? Also I know my boots said when i bought them they are 11 but really have length of normal 10.5 so that should hopefully help out with some possible drag
I've never ridden on a pair of malavitas before, but their a stiffer rated binding that might be too stiff for your board. According to this video Sierra Stunt Snowboard Review - YouTube and what I've came across the interwebs your board is a soft flex park board. Sierra mentions this board should compliment your other all mountain boards.

It pretty much boils down to it's your money. Although I'm sure you would have a better riding experience with some softer bindings and use the malavitas on a stiffer board.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Really? I mean from what i have read and heard the Malavita is a pretty decent flex binding i know its around mid - range. I will be using this board for both trails as well as the park so i thought this would be a good in between binding to use. Do you think i am mistaken?? Any suggestions on other bindings preferably burton?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well hopefully someone who rides on malavitas can chime in and give you some advice on your set up as well as some other folks who use other burton bindings.

Tags
burton, sierra, stunt